Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

does anyone know where in OH...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2000, 07:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't Recons a 4x4? I'm sure they're real fun in rugged terrain (logs/deep mud/boulders). I tend to stay out of deep mud and water unless I can hydroplane clear through it.
Hope you have fun at Pike!

Old 09-15-2000, 07:54 AM
Trailblazer

I'll check with my friends to se if they're game for a trip to the Badlands on the 30th. I'll let you know!

Old 09-15-2000, 07:59 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks! It should be a blast. The Recon is a 2x4. They're real fun to ride for a utility ATV. They're light and handle more like a sport ATV, but you still have the racks for doing a little work if you need to. I would like to ride a sport ATV sometime just to feel the difference.

Old 09-15-2000, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

RECONMAN,

I might be at Pike on sunday to, never been there before and wanted to check it out. Look for me, I'll be in a lifted blue toyota with signworks logos on the doors and tailgate. I'm going to try to get there early

Old 09-15-2000, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

Dang,

trip to Badlands with alot people sounds like a great idea, next weekend would be better for me but I can probaly get the guys to go either weekend. Just didn't want to miss the annual Wine Festival in Morrow the 28th-30th, but a trip to the Badlands is worth it.

Old 09-15-2000, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a great place for club meetings, let me know. You can get my email from my profile.

Old 09-15-2000, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I live in West Chester and I ride at Haspin & New Vienna. There used to be a place to ride right beside I-75 where it crosses Cincinnati-Dayton road but I went up there this week and it was blocked off with no trespassing signs posted out front. I went to Haspin last nite and got to ride for about 3 hours before it got dark. You don't really need to worry about things getting stolen there unless you're camping overnite on the weekend. New Vienna is alot better maintained place than Haspin but the quad riding trails are limited. The mx tracks are nice if you like to jump your quad though. Haspin has alot of mudholes and alot more trails but it gets busy on the weekend. I might be interested in a SW Ohio riding club if anyone hears of one.

Old 09-15-2000, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Recoman, sounds like we have a few things in common. I live in Cinci and I also ride with my 13 year old son. I'm 47 myself and I ride a '98 Scrambler 400 while my son rides a Honda 250x.
We'll have to get together and ride sometime.

Old 09-15-2000, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

It's sounding more and more to me like SOAA (Southwestern Ohio ATV Association) is born. I'm open to more creative names. I will talk to my friend about having meetings at his place. Riding there in great numbers on holiday weekends would be out of the question though. There are alot of people up there then. We could probably have a big ride up there a few times in the spring and fall though. I'll try to set a first meeting up in October sometime and we'll see how many show up. There are several places on the web where you can advertise your club for free. I have a hunch that it will start out small and grow pretty large in a hurry.
We are definitely going to Happy Hollow and Pike State Forest Sunday. We will start out at Happy Hollow right when it opens at nine and then go to Pike sometime in the afternoon. Anyone is welcome to join us. There will be 3 Recons, 2 red and 1 green. I drive a silver Astro and my friends have Ford Rangers, silver and white. Stop by and say hi!

Old 09-15-2000, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

It would be great to go riding sometime. How about a trip to Maysville next weekend?

Quick Reply: does anyone know where in OH...