Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN NDR looking for input on trail changes...if you ride in MN or want to, we need your help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN NDR looking for input on trail changes...if you ride in MN or want to, we need your help

Im no expert on what happens. I suppose its like all things government...politics is the trump card, and common sense and logic take a back seat.
There is an area in the dnr website, which goes into the trail evaluation program....http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/input/mgm...ion/index.html
Id hate to see the vocal minority, determine what happens, if there is no positive input, I gotta believe they think they have a mandate, to close things down. Im hoping that whatever input atvers have will be heard and taken into account.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default MN NDR looking for input on trail changes...if you ride in MN or want to, we need your help

based on what's happening in Roseau County (Polaris is based here), it appears the DNR hasn't been following proper protocol for re-classifying trails. So in return, Roseau County is is requiring the DNR to obtain a permit in order for the DNR to enter the forests with their work vehicles. This is a 'HUGE PRO-ATV" statement and I'm sure that somehow Polaris, and very possibly Arctic Cat, played a role in this.

I have been getting e-mail after e-mail about the meetings but haven't read too indepth into any of them. Mainly because the plan for these trails is to classify them "Closed". As Hondabuster has been saying all along, e-mail a representative in regards to these trails that are under attack. The larger the voice we have as an ATV community, the stronger we become. The non-riding public grossly out numbers us and not to mention, they have a lot more $$$$$ than we do. Money talks.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone know if a decision on any of the ATV issues were made?

Old 02-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

?????

Old 02-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Range Rover

I have been checking ATVAN and their last update was in Dec. I looked the other night on mn dnr site and did not see anything. If anyone has any information on this please relay it. Thanks

Old 02-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Its like all things government...hurry up and wait. They need time for discussions, and political input, and somewhere down the line, they should be posting the results on the mndnr website. If I hear anything, Ill post.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

anyone know of any results yet?

Old 02-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes, they had a meeting up north to discuss the proposals for Beltami, I started another post on that...
other post
After that meeting, and because of how it went, there may be some further changes coming.