Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fort Dodge, IA ever turn out? *YES, YES IT DID*

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Dodge, IA ever turn out? Never heard...

Did that atv park in fort dodge ever get finished? We're based in Jefferson, that'd be huge if there was a legal park to ride in that close.

Thanks for any info you can enlighten me with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Brakes are wasted weight....

Old 02-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

where do you ride now?

Old 02-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

Usually just around home, there aren't really any big places to ride. Anything past just a little bit of timber, frozen creeks, or ditches....we don't have. But I've still spent all day riding before with buddies, so I guess we find somewhere to go...but it isn't anything unique...

Bussey is the closest place I know of...

I was wondereing if there were any good parks in the surrounding states that would be only like a 3 or 4 hour drive

Old 02-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have been getting mixed reports on when or even if it will open. I wish I knew. Its been almost 2 years now sence Ive been down there last. I am gettin an itch to go back. It blows Bussy out of the watter.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, I wish somebody in charge of the deal would put out some definite information. Atleast if its going to be delayed or not going to come through I'd like to know for sure either way. I'm getting my hopes up as I'm sure a lot of people are around our area.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

I really want to know whats going on in Fort Dodge too. Is there, or is there not going to be a big new riding park?? I've been waiting for about 3 years and I'm starting to think the whole thing is a bust. The big 12 hour race got moved from Fort Dodge to somewhere on the east coast for 2005. I guess thats a big sign that the Fort Dodge park is a wash. I hope not because Iowa REALLY needs more legal riding areas. ATV sales are booming here but there are very few places to legally ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

I was told in oct 03 it would be open in a year, then they had to change locations for 12 hour race for 04 because they wanted to much money to have it on their property, so Im getting doubtful it will ever be. To bad I would sure liked to ride thier.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

I was interested also so I e-mailed the Pres. of The Webster County Wheelers. They are from Fort Dodge, Iowa. He replied back today stating "we are currently in the process of fencing in the entire compound". "We plan on being open late this fall. We will have miles of trails along with single track trails for dirtbikes"? I'm guessing he means a mx style track? Good news soon for us in Iowa since I heard it will be about 1600 acres......Brian P.S. he said they meet at the Sandstone Restaurant every first Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm but didn't state which town....(I'm guessing Fort Dodge)?

Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

omg......really?

I never expected to hear anything like that. Well if you need me on the weekends this fall...i'll be in fort dodge.

I know there are guys that ride there...or did a few months ago....but illegally.....and there was a ton of riding to do int here. Just think when it is actually managed.....I can't wait.

Thanks for the efforts brian! vERY GLad to here it.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

Just talked to some one who is trying to arange another big event in Fort Dodge to replace 12-hour race. Sounds like possibly a baja race or harescramble. I asked him if he knew anything about the riding area there and he also said it was nearly finished and was just a matter of crosing the t's and doting the I's before it would be open. This makes my day![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Fort Dodge, IA ever turn out? *YES, YES IT DID*