Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need Help find a place to ride in NC

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005 | 02:42 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Need Help find a place to ride in NC

I need help finding a place to ride in Asheville NC or somewhere in the mountains of NC....We plan on doing this, this spring break coming up. Anyway we will need to rent ATV's or some people call them 4wheelers. Can anyone help me? I saw a place on tv but forgot about it, only thing I know is that its outside of Asheville....Thanks

Old 02-21-2005 | 03:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

welcome!!

not sure about rentals,,,good luck there

Brown MT is probably the closest public area (near collettsville)

dont think it opens till april something though

Old 02-21-2005 | 03:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

here

Old 02-22-2005 | 08:29 AM
Range Rover

Wayehutta is a good place to ride fairly close to Asheville. Go here http://www.atving.com/editor/feature...olina/ride.htm to check it out. Don't know where you can rent atvs though. Sounds like you may have some inexperienced riders going, this trail system is fairly easy, although it is still mountain terrian so still be careful.

Old 02-22-2005 | 04:01 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Inexperience is my friend, he has no clue on how to ride one, he did say he drove one when he was really young but I on the other hand have driven them for along time since I was 10 and I'm 18 now so....Yeah its just us two going but thanks again. I may have to do some research on this to see. All I know is that I was watching ATV Magazine on TV on OLN and they did a review on a trail system where you could ride all day, rent ATV's if needed. Which to me would be awesome to do since I don't want to go to the beach, Unless they had the samething out close to the beach. Well let me if you have ideas or something. Thanks

Old 02-22-2005 | 04:21 PM
Range Rover

Windrock has atv's to rent. There are miles and miles of trails there. I love it there, it is just on the other side of Knoxville, TN. They have maps of the trails and they are marked easy, moderate, difficult and extreme. It is difficult if it says difficult. You can check their website, www.windrockatv.com and get some ideas. The guy that rents the atv's is called rentalman. Hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2005 | 08:37 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks again, that will help alot...I don't mind driving that far...I'll enjoy that alot and hopefully I'll get some prices to know how much this will all cost. Thanks again.