Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ocotillo Wells/Glamis Rentals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocotillo Wells/Glamis Rentals?

Wife and I will be in Palm Springs April 20th for a few days. Want to show her Glamis Dunes, but am having a hard time finding any rental places there. We will be renting a car so trailering will probably be out of the question. How is Ocotillo Wells? Is it visually as impressive as Glamis?

Any help or ideas?

Old 03-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

You can rent quad,s right next to the Dessert Rose cafe near split mountain road for about
$100 a day, not a bad deal. We go out there every other weekend, lots to see and do.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Forgot to mention that is at Ocotiilo Wells. You can also look up Ocotillo Wells.com for more onfo.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Couldn't get the link to work.....does anyone know if they are there during the week? We will be there on a Wednesday.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Range Rover

I can not think of the name of the place ,just call the Dessert Rose cafe in ocotiilo wells and the will give you the number and name of the place. Just search Ocotiilo Wells to look up park info and things to see and do
and trail map. There is also campgrouds that have hookups, I can give you more info if needed.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

go to www.getndirty.com they apparently have a rental site at Ocotillo Wells. I have had friends rent at Buttercup (dunes about 40 minutes south of Glamis, the southern portion of the Imperial Dunes), and they delivered right to out campsite, complete with helmets, goggles and gas. Try some web searches as I know I have seen other sites that have glamis delivery, but don't recall them off hand.

While I hope to make my first Ocotillo Wells trip in about 3 weeks, everyone that's been loves it. It seems a bit more hospitable than Glamis with more varied features. It's over 80 degrees here today in Indian Wells (about 20 miles east of Palm Springs), so by the end of April it'll be REAL HOT at Glamis. For comfort (though it will still be warm) I'd say Ocotillo Wells. Go to www.ohv.parks.ca.gov and follow the links to the OHV parks to Ocotillo Wells for more info. Shell Reef seems pretty cool.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hope you have lots of fun katstoy. I agree about ocotiilo verses glamis. Glamis is the alltament sand playground, down side is it can get very crazy, if you have little ones like I do it is not not best place to go.
Ocotillo offers alot more and is more for familys. When you do go try check out places like blowsand hill,
devil,s slide, pumpkin patch, shellreef ( great place to watch guys on bike,s catch big air). Again lots of different types of riding from sand to trail,s.

Trending Topics

Old 03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Where's the msot family friendly place to set up camp at Ocotillo? My daughter is 9 and we have cousins with a 4 year old. Someplace that is family friendly, central to the action and not too hard to get in or out of (I'm still getting used to pullining the toy hauler!).

Old 03-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

One more stupid question, do you need paddles at Ocotillo (ie. blow sand hill) or is it all hard pack for knobbies?

Old 03-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for all the info....great link to getndirty...I have been searching for two days and haven't been able to find them in any of the search engines. They will deliver to Glamis if I choose that. Still trying to decide which place to go...leaning toward Octillo Wells, but I still want my wife to see Glamis.

Quick Reply: Ocotillo Wells/Glamis Rentals?