Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Alberta Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alberta Riders

Sounds good... How is the ridin there in late April... start of May. I will have some time off of work then and will be a appropiate time 4 me to go.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Alberta Riders

The dunes are prime ridding right now i have spent the last 2 weekends there ridding in just a longsleeve shirt. There is never any snow and the wind hasn't blown very much. The only snow and ice is on the trails out there, so if ur on a dirtbike its a little tought getting to the beach. So April will be fine to ride considering right now is awsome out there.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 AM
MIA
Weekend Warrior
Default Alberta Riders

I ride around the Calgary Area

Always looking to hook up with ATV Riders to learn new trails and show some of my Favorite Rides

Nothing beats Ghost-Waiparous and anything north of that

I've been riding up there for Years and I still find new trails to explore

Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alberta Riders

I would like to also ride in the moutains in the near future. I always see this great pics of mountains/hillz in the background and its looks like so much fun!

Old 03-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Alberta Riders

I am looking for information and/or maps of trails in the Hinton Area.
Are there any atv clubs in the area that have trail rides available to non members.
I would be interested in mountain views and senic trails.
Day rides.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Alberta Riders

If you are looking for a guided tour you could check out this atv buissnes they know the area pretty well and if it's not what your looking for they could guide you in the right direction go to http://www.canadianrockiesadvent.com/index.html, i know they used to rent out quads and snowmobiles, but not shure if they do any more. so give them a call. Also if your in for fun and somthing a little chalenging, about 2 times a year there is a poker derby, you ride some pretty rugged terain and camp out along the way, while accompanied with 3-400 people. It's a blast, if you enjoy poker and getting really muddy. everyone is invited and ride what you desire, but i think there is a registration date. The Atv guide tour could inform you about the poker derby aswell .

Old 04-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer
Default Alberta Riders

Hi This thread is probably super old but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Me and some friends are planning on going out to Brule and someone told me that one of the roads into brule lake was closed down. I was wondering if this is true also is there enough sand there everywhere that you should use a paddle tire? If anyone has some pics of some of the hills that would be great. Thank you

Old 04-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alberta Riders

This thread is still kickin...lol

I heard the southwest entrance has been closed due to a building of a golf course. Rumor has it that was a prime riding area. Sounds like they are closing in on our riding areas.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default Alberta Riders

A golf course? gonna be one noisy golf course with all the quads bout a km or so away in the dunes. Maybe a couple will even come into the golf course and rip it up lol.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Alberta Riders

Ya they are putting in a resort, it is called "couger rock" it is gonna have a few hotels, arenas, golf course ect........ It is suposed to be huge, and it will probably interfere with the dunes in the near future.
The only entrance that is closed off is the on right after the overlander lodge, the rest of the trails inn are still there, and if they block off the other main one off the highway you can get in through the airport road.
If you enjoy climbing hills you should run paddles on your quad but its not a big deal if you don't you can get around fine without paddles.

Hope to see you guyes on May long weekend, My name is leigh, so look for me, i can show you around.

Quick Reply: Alberta Riders