Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in Osawatomie KS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in Osawatomie KS

I heard there is a place to ride in Osawatomie. Can anyone give me directions or tell me what it's by, I would like to check it out sometime. If anyone is planning a trip there, let me know. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

I can tell you exactly where it is but I need to know which direction you are comin from. The way I come from is Eudora, KS, near KC. I take 7 highway south towards Olathe. Then I take the exit to John Brown Road. Take a right and that leads you to down town Osawatomie. There's a bank on the corner to your left at a stop light, take a left and go straight and turn right at the chinese restaurant. That will take you to a guys house where this place is to ride. Its on the left and its a big field where you can tell atv's and dirtbikes ride. The field is basically a big *** drag strip and there is no grass left at all. This place is also a salvage yard and there are a ton of cars and trucks in this field as well. Anyone is welcome to ride there. Doesn't cost anything, just stay on all the trails. You can't ride on the levees unless you want to pay a $1000 fine. There are sometimes cops ontop of the levees to tell you the rules of riding there and where to ride. They are really nice cops. Hell, they get their radar guns out and clock ya if you want them to. They are happy to do it. Osawatomie has a ton of trails mainly. The best thing is the drag strip. You can race about 10 or 15 atvs at once. Its a blast.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the great directions!!!!
I am in KCK, so yes I would also be taking 7hwy.
I will have to try it out sometime!

Have fun riding.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

KVRMUDDRUNNER:
Is that place open during the week to ride? Do you need helmets and or flags? Any noise regulations? my aftermarket muffler is a BIT LOUD! only when I am on the throttle though at Idle it is quite as a mouse..

I will be coming in from the west through overbrook ks. Could not find the Bank or the Chinese restraunt on my map program so will try mapquest or google..

Directions and info Appreciated... Want to go Thursday If possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

There isn't any regulations to ride there. It is open all the time. Don't need to pay, your atv/dirtbike can be freakin loud as hell, don't need any flags either. There are some hilly areas that you would want a flag on your atv especially for little kids. I just recently found out that some people were riding there and disturbed a guys deer hunting and he got mad and drove them out of there. I think they were in an area they weren't supposed to be at. I think they were on the other side of the maradycene river (don't know how to spell it). I tell everyone to stay on the trails. Its been awhile since I have been there but you can still ride there. A guy owns all the land and the junk yard. I have met him and he is really nice. Just be respectful to his property. Keep the land clean and stay together. You can easily get lost there. I don't remember what the street names are called. I think instead of the chinese restaurant, i believe its a bar instead. Looks like a metal barn. turn right there and the land is on the left and the RR yard is directly across the road. You will be on a gravel road. Have fun and maybe I will see you all there sometime!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

KVRMUDDRUNNER when are you going back to Perry? I am from Topeka and i am looking for some more people to go riding with.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorchic22-I might possibly be goin there this weekend. Depends on the weather and if I get some people goin with me. I'll private message you some more info.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

I'am game name the day and the place. If the weather will cooperate I would like to try out osawatamie, but today failed me miserably.
Perry should be dry enough for 2 wheel drive by saturday or sunday.. As long as it does not rain again.. Was there tuesday used 4wheel drive a LOT. Maybe I will check out perry again tommorrow if the weather is if'y.. alot closer to home.. You say I can get lost at osawatamie sounds great love a challenge.. course I have actually gotten lost a couple times at perry, or at least could not find my way back out the way I came in.. Let me know I really want some more ride time before winter takes over the trails...

By the way thanks for the directions I did some searching on google map and think I have found it the satelite images are cool, makes finding things much easier once you get to a new town..

Old 12-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

How long does it take to get there from the north end of KC?

Old 12-30-2005, 12:20 AM
amd
Pro Rider

What is the line up like for the bikes that are doing the drag racing? Anything pretty fast?

Quick Reply: riding in Osawatomie KS