Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in Osawatomie KS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in Osawatomie KS

plainbroke-I would like to go to Osawatomie on Sunday, weather permitting of course. Depends on if I have people goin with me. I hate goin alone. I atleast have to have one other person goin with me which I usually do. My little cousins go with me most of the time. My one cousin would love to go cause he just got a used 250 Bayou for xmas. he is soo happy about that and I really want to take him there. I haven't been there in awhile. Might have to stick to Perry or my house. Cheaper when it comes to gas. I will definately let you know a day ahead of time if I go somewhere this weekend. Yea, if you can see those RR tracks on the satelite pics, then you are there, its right across the dirt road. You definately won't get lost if you got that GPS on your atv! I'll be stickin with you then, hahaha.

crazypainter-It takes me about 1hr to 1.5hrs. Depends on if I am drivin my truck with my big atv trailer. If I take my dads truck, its a lot quicker, about 45 minutes. I am in Eudora, KS about 25 miles west of KC. I bet it would take you about 1.5 to 2 hrs but I am not sure and I don't know what you are drivin. My old truck is gettin tired of pullin my trailer. I try to steal my dads truck whenever I can. 460 power! Look it up on map quest. It will tell you the quickest way and how many driving hrs it takes you.

amd-I have been to Osawatomie 2 times when it was really busy. 25 to 30 atvs there at once. Probably the most you could race at one time would be like 6 or 7 just because the track narrows into a turn that goes around a tree and past the tree is some fence. You don't have much room to stop or slow down for the turn. Its cool because if you have like 2 to 3 atvs racing, you can go ahead and take the turn and race back to the starting line. Its a lot of fun. Any more atvs racing at the same time could get scary. You are usually within a foot or two of atvs racing. Off the line people get pretty squirelly and vere towards ya. Most of the atvs there are any make and model. Mainly 450 Honda's and Yamaha's that have some work done to them. Pretty mean bikes. There are also a select few dirtbikes there including mine. The dirtbikes always win of course. I ride with some guys that got V-Forces like mine. They got a lot of work done to them too. I raced a 250R Honda atv and almost beat him! I kept up with him. Sometimes there might be one radical Banshee with extended swing arm and built motor. Hell, there was a cadillac that was on the strip racin, hahaha. You never know what will show up there. Recently when i went there, there wasn't hardly anyone there. The weather affects everyone. Usually fall and spring are good times. Summer its dead and winter is too. Its out in the open and the hot summer sun and cold winter winds will kill ya. Thats why in the summer when i did go, we went into the woods where it was shaded and cool. I'll definately let you know what I am doin this weekend if I even do anything at all. Weather permitting of course. Later!

Old 12-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Range Rover

KVRMUDDRUNNER, i just live in De Soto. we ride at perry, and Little Sahara on Spring Break

Old 12-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone Gonna Be At Deepwater Saturday?

Old 12-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Redripper-I definately want to go to Little Sahara. Everyone keeps talkin about that place so I will definately have to check it out. I haven't been to Perry in awhile. I try to avoid Perry just because of how rutted it is. Of course I didn't have a 4x4 atv and now I do so I do want to go back. Maybe this weekend.

Timmey27-Where is deepwater? Never heard of it.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

Deepwater, Its a town south of clinton, If u now where truman lake is. There is a riding place called coopers creek on the left after u go over 2 bridges. There is about 1400 acres of riding area!!!!!

Old 12-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will be at Deepwater on New Years day (Sunday).

Little sahara is the best riding and the funest, everyone should try it at least once!!!!

Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Range Rover

KVRMUDDRUNNER- we may go to perry tomorrow morning.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

Went to Osawatomie today I was the ONLY one there it was pretty muddy but it has some nice jumps and trails in the trees.. I would rate it 3rd after milford and perry or maybe tied with randolph.. All in all not a bad place to ride especially if it is within an hour of where you live, you should check it out..

The corner to turn south is 6th and Main and the corner to go back west on is 6th and kelly/351st the name changes at 6th from one side to the other.. follow that road less than 1/2 mile you will see a DEAD END sign you look to your left and you will see a few jumps and the drag area about 3 acres of land if you follow the road on around and cross the dyke the riding areas are on both sides of the rode. (plum creek rd.) JohnBrown rd Parker rd and Main st are all the same street it just changes names several times coming from the west.. Will post a couple pictures as soon as I can get them loaded a day or 2.

Who all is going to Perry in Saturday? 2x4 or 4x4 quads??? Should be dry enough for 2x4 sport quads by then..

Sure like the new Razr2 front tires when I turn the bars that puppy turns now...

Old 12-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

plainbroke-Those directions definately helped us all out including me. I can never remember the names of those damn streets! Thanks again. Might be goin to Perry tomarrow or Monday, not sure yet. Might head up to Osawatomie also. I am a last minute type of guy, haha.