Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in ny state near rochester

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in ny state near rochester

You know it is kind of odd, i had read that same artical 3 or 4 months ago. I read all the trails that they closed and none of which are in Lowville. I dont know where you ride or care, but where i ride, the trails are OPEN and are LEGAL. There are trails closed in Lewis, ST. Lawarnce, and Herkermer. There are still many trails that your able to ride so its ok.

Read this

Legislature authorizes $15 hike in ATV fees
Extra money earmarked for trail improvements
by Chris Garifo, Times Albany Correspondent
First published: Friday, April 1, 2005

Times Albany Correspondent

ALBANY - All-terrain vehicle enthusiasts will be paying $15 more in registration fees, but the extra money will be earmarked for trail maintenance and development.

Thats wierd, sounds like to me we are going be getting more trails and groming.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Its only certain parts of the Park not the WHOLE PARK, and the trails they did close i personaly never road

Old 04-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: TBONE31

Read this

Legislature authorizes $15 hike in ATV fees
Extra money earmarked for trail improvements
by Chris Garifo, Times Albany Correspondent
First published: Friday, April 1, 2005

Times Albany Correspondent

ALBANY - All-terrain vehicle enthusiasts will be paying $15 more in registration fees, but the extra money will be earmarked for trail maintenance and development.

Thats wierd, sounds like to me we are going be getting more trails and groming.
I was just going to start a thread on that topic. I thought reg was going up to around $65/quad, like last year's proposal. And again from last year, no trails with the money, just a study worth $250,000 to see if trails were needed.

Uh, yeah, they are needed. There, the study is done and it was free.

The ATV money was going into the state's general fund, with none required to go to ATV'ers. Unlike the snowmobile reg, where 75% (not sure the exact#) goes to trails. I know here in WNY the newspapers publish articles of state $$$ going to sled clubs, and it ranges $250,000-$500,000 annually. The sled trail system is huge in WNY. I really envy them.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

c'momn guys,,i see lots of eyes looking at this rochester post for riding,,lets get some riding area or friends to go riding with,,i have a family,is a dad with a son and daughter that ride,,we are joinging the WYNOA just so we can ride on some weekends,,would like to have some friendly places to ride and just have fun with no compitition ,,i know there is a huge market out there and someone with some land needs to step up and let people enjoy life and be free to ride and have fun,,hope someone can come up with a better ideal ,,hope to see some rochester riders on some trails or land real soon cause the weather is looking great

Old 04-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

wow a heated forum ... stop and look your both right to a point ...

I agree some one needs to step forward and give some support .. I only wish International paper would be the one to help out .. god they only own half of the park.. most sled guys bounce over to quads when the snows gone so there is your support. having lived in that area for 25 years i know its not that hard to get stuff like that passed .. just propose it to the local towns . use hatfield Mccoy as an example . go to towns like speculator , barns corners, williamson, sodus . show them the revenue and they will support you .. they need the money our hobby brings in to towns.

for the guys looking to ride in the rochester area . 3 local tracks in ontario. portgibson has great trails . there is a new riding park in Lyons (i havent been there yet hope to this summer) newark/fairville area (home turf) great technical trails mostly used for the annual enduro. the hogback hill area great trails if you join the club ..

Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

The Adirondack Park generates so much money from atv's but they still dont want us to ride there. Most of the local people there ride atvs and are getting pissed off over the fact that a statesman in NJ wants to close down the trails in NY. Thats why i hate state govt, the people should choose.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

t bone...
quick question
is that atv pro power kit just a filter and adaptor or is that electronic ?
tell me if you like it too .... thanks

Old 04-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.onlineparts.com/ADVANTAGE+PERFORMANCE+ATV+PRO+POWER+PACK+(238107P) .html
this tells you everything thats inside it, and this is were i orderd it. It is AWSOME, it has everything you need in one box with all the directions..........HOPE THIS HELPS

Old 04-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

How often are you up in Rochester cause if you want a good place to ride you should go were i go. I go up near Tug Hill and Watertown....The town is called lowville and there is so many trails to ride legaly as long as your registerd and insured. Lots of fun, and if you ever go up drop me a line cause i always like riding with new people

Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer

im coming up in july for a race in newark NY. out side rochester . ill catch up with ya then im up for riding that area .. ive been up there on a sled its a good area ..

Quick Reply: riding in ny state near rochester