Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bauers Pit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bauers Pit

Just wondering if there is any new news about Bauwers Pit. I sure hope they are able to reopen the pit as a DNR GIA riding area. I also heard that the owners of the Tri County ATV pit might be making it larger. Does anyonne know if this is true?

Old 03-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bauers Pit

Does anybody know what is going on with the Tri County ATV Park? I noticed that they are applying for a conditional use permite to add land to the riding area. I assume they will be expanding the riding area. I have attached a link to the site, look at item #3.

Rice County Planning Commission

Old 03-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bauers Pit

you are correct. Tri-County is adding onto their current pit for riding.

Bauer's on the other hand is a whole different monster. It won't become a GIA this year. The biggest stickler here is funds in order to bring everything up to code. The list can get quite large with trying to explain everything that needs to be done.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bauers Pit

I haven't heard much about what is going on with Roy. Is he in favor of creating a GIA riding area on his land. The last I heard he was. Is the problem simply just fund raising? There are many differnet ways to raise money. I'm sure many of the local riding groups could get together to raise money. I would be more than happy to help out with something like that. I remember when the South Central Dirt Riders opened up there riding pit. They were able to raise the funds through memberships. Both my brother and I were members. It was a great riding area while it lasted. I'm wondering if something like this could be done with Bauwers Pit? I hate to see a good riding area like this fade away.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bauers Pit

what SCDR did with the SMC pit is a good idea. But before we do any riding in Bauer's, we would need to secure a lease with the Bauer family, obtain a Conditional Use Permit for our organization, then meet all of the conditions before we can ride. This is going to cost more money up front that we would be hard pressed to earn through membership $$$.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bauers Pit

It sounds like what you are saying is that it isn't going to be possible. I think it is unfortunate for everyone involved. The ATV commuity losses a viable riding venue and the Bauer family looses a legitimate income source that not only benifits them but it also benifits the community.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bauers Pit

The last I heard (yesterday), Roy had withdrawn all of his money out of his accounts in cash, and given it to his kids. Evidentally he was expecting some jail time for the "crime" of not letting the county have its fair share of $$$. Sadly, I'm not optimistic for the pit to ever reopen.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bauers Pit

To all,

we would be looking at 6 figures to get the pit opened. Yes, that's right, over $100,000. By the time we did any landscaping per the CUP, established a border, established one entry/exit, established containment ponds, secured a lease, not to mention the countless hours of work by off-roaders for maintenance/development and submitting our expenses for reimbursement through the GIA program, and the list goes on and on. It takes more work than people can imagine. Until one of us wins the lottery............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

There is an area near Shakopee that is carrying a price tag of over $8 million in order to open.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bauers Pit

Does the Tri County ATV Park have to satisfy the same regulations set forth for Roy Bauwer's CPU? I'm confused about how the Tri County ATV Park, that is only a few miles from Roy Bauwers pit, can operate successfully and legally yet there appears to be insurmountable obstacles to overcome to get the Bauwer pit operating. Something doesn't seem right. Anyone who has been to the Tri County ATV Park can see that is takes a minimal effort in order to operate a riding area. Whether is be there fence, parking lot or there toilets, there's nothing extravagant there. I don't understand why the same minimal inputs can't be done over at Roy Bauwer’s. I'm an architect by profession and I deal with CPU on a daily basis. There was nothing that I remember concerning Roy's CPU that seemed overwhelming except for the cost of the liability insurance.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bauers Pit

Originally posted by: LEP7MM

There is an area near Shakopee that is carrying a price tag of over $8 million in order to open.
Do you have any additional information on the Shakopee riding area such as the location in Shakopee or who is trying to open it? Any information would be appreciated

Quick Reply: Bauers Pit