Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

St. Joe State Park, MO April 2/3 ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Joe State Park, MO April 2/3 ???

Thanks...
Hopefully a new clutch and maybe some alky here soon.....

Old 04-04-2005, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey macanic,as fast as you are and still thinking of alcohol.Good idea.If you get any faster,that bike might run out from underneath you.Hang on.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

LOL.......I hope to install the seatbelt soon as well....

Old 04-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

Daren420,when I got my pipes from RDZ,they did not come with bolts or o-rings.Thought you should know.The pipe on the left side gets really close to the frame.I put a washer between the pipe and the hanger for clearance.The bracket on the bottom bar of the frame(that the stock pipes bolted to)will have to be trimmed off.I do like the performance of these pipes.Their not as trail friendly as other pipes,but you can still ride around with them,even though they are considered a race pipe.Rob(RDZ) told me the out-of-frame pipes don't make any more power than the in-frames.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

You darn 2 strokes are tough to keep up with on the sand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

RDZ350, thanks for the info. I cut those frame tabs off a long time ago. I can't wait til I get those pipes and get them put on. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Today it was dusty. We were jumping/racing a little track across from the parking lot and the ranger told us to go somewhere else because he was afraid someone was going to run us over. I had already been thinking the same thing. Anyways, had a nice conversation with him. He said today there were over 800 permits sold! He also said that it has been mentioned about setting a limit on how many can be at the OHV. It was also mentioned that someone could possibly start a privately owned concession stand there if the they went through the proper procedures. Don't know what it would take, but I'd love to see a concession stand out there selling burgers & drinks.

As far as my riding for today, it was a lot of fun. Didn't have to work on the 450R, just gas and go. Gotta love that! I did have one mishap resulting in injury. While performing a very small jump, the back end came around the right side, and when I landed my foot came off the peg. My foot then was run over by the Dunlop radials, which I might add sure do grip on the back side of a leg! My leg is fine, but my big toe is black and purple. Good thing it wasn't the shifting foot LOL!

Well guys, I probably won't be able to go this upcoming weekend, but I should be able to the following weekend. Hopefully my 2 smoke will be able to keep the pipes on for longer than 4 seconds.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

Geeze, you would think with all the money they made today, 800 paid riders at 3 bucks a piece, that we could get some decent bathrooms there and maybe even a nice shower. Those bathrooms are scary.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

I just tried to do my part in controlling the dust. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, me too. I had my 4 yr old with me and he thought it was to funny. He already thinks he is a country boy and get to "water" the trees whene ver he is outside. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

If they would let someone open a concession stand,Would they section off an area for drag racing?It would be safer.You could mark off the track.Maybe then you would not be concerned about someone riding out in front of you?This has happened.Maybe a sanctioned event?Someone could keep the track level(NO WHOOPS!).Call me a coward,but I don't like having the banshee opened up while it's bouncing all over the place.Someone could get hurt.What do you think?

Quick Reply: St. Joe State Park, MO April 2/3 ???