Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Miami Trails, 4/3/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Trails, 4/3/05

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We've decided to try someplace new - needing to get out and get riding!

We're heading to Miami Trails tomorrow morning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Supposed to be leaving NW Fresno by 9:30 a.m.

Read that Kamook Staging is the place to get started; is this true? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Will there be a place for our toyhauler? What's the riding like (dusty, muddy, etc??)??

Any advice would be appreciated. OH - and of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] , if anyone else wants to join - maybe be our [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] trail leader - you are more than welcome to join!

Thanks in advance,
Richard & Lori

Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did you make it to Miami trails? Any nice camping spots for 30' toy haulers? Directions? We have youngsters, any good riding for 6 years old? Any rv dump stations? Looking to go next week.

Thanks,
Brandon
530-521-3355

Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Outlawskull

Did you make it to Miami trails? Any nice camping spots for 30' toy haulers? Directions? We have youngsters, any good riding for 6 years old? Any rv dump stations? Looking to go next week.

Thanks,

Brandon

530-521-3355</end quote></div>

If you have a lifted 5th wheel you could have issues getting in as it's in the forest. I've seen standard 5ths and pull behinds up there. I recommend Lone Sequoia for camping. It's back in a bit, but easy to find. Though it could be tight getting back there. There are a couple of spots on the south side of the road (6S24C or 6S24X, don't remember exactly) that goes west from 6S24 through Lone Sequoia to 6S17. It's on 6S24 10 miles north of the Hwy 41/49 intersection.

Kamook would be an easier access place, but there's only about one or two spots to park a trailer that's level.

There are other spots as well, but I've just never seen a trailer there. I'm not sure where the closest station to dump would be. Maybe in Oakhurst.

As far as riding, for kids I would stick to the roads for the best bet. Be wary of ALL trails. Even the green trails are technical, especially Powerline. If they have been riding for a little while and have control, you could try Shady, specifically west of 6S15. E-Zee isn't that bad either.

I recommend that you hook up with someone who knows the trails to guide you on your first trip. I'm down in Clovis (Fresno).

Here are a few pics: Miami Trails

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote