Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SILVER LAKE MICHIGAN

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SILVER LAKE MICHIGAN

Hey Has anyone been out to ride the dunes at silver lake since they opened on the 1st? Just wondering have a bunch of guys lined up to go on tuesday and was wondering what kind of condition it was. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Bump...I'd like to hear that answer too...were the flats under water like last year?

Old 04-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey dingo if no one gets back before I go on tuesday I will let ya know when I get back that night. Will post the conditions. I hope its not under water like last year.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hordog..sound cool. You guys just going up for one day?

Old 04-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll be going there saturday or sunday , which ever day's forcast is better. let us know how the conditions are. taking my father-in-law it will be his first time on a quad .. should be intresting . he's talking trash already.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

No Problem guys will post a message tuesday night and let ya know how bad we tore it up lol... Yeah Dingo we are just goin up for the day jsut a bunch of guys that I work with are goin up... SHould be interesting there are two new riders goin up so thank god its a wide open place for them to learn especially since the one guy has only riden once and just bought a brand new 450R. So a trip to the hospital hopefully wont be in order. Alright guys will post a message when we get back. Will take some pics with the digital and hopefully post them for ya so ya can see how it is for yourself with the pics. Cya

Old 04-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys Silver lake is in great shape... The DNR said the weekend was busy as hell. We were 5 of the 15 people up there so that was great. The back side of the dunes drop straight off right now but that changes daily. There is a little water in the flats but nothin like it was last year yet. Will have to wait and see when we get some more rain whether or not it is goin to pool up again. I wont be goin back up there for a while. Landed a jump bad and broke my wrist so I thought I would post this before my doctor's appointment this morning lol. Have a great time if ya head up there this weekend Dingo. Have a great week guys.

Old 04-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

Anybody that wants to go riding at Silver Lake let me know. My boyfriend was showing off and broke his wrist so now I have a new Raptor to ride all Summer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to go to Silver lake,but I've heard they check to see how loud your bike is.Mine is fairly loud.That would be a long trip just to be told my bike is too loud.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am going to silver lake with a bunch of guys from work soon. I am new to riding (just bought my '05 raptor 2 weeks ago) and was wondering if any of you had any advice for me since ive never rode on the sand before. Thanks!

Quick Reply: SILVER LAKE MICHIGAN