Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Maine registrations

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maine registrations

Anybody here ride in Maine? I just bought a new quad and will be riding in central Maine, or at least I was planning to until I found out that if I buy a registration now, it expires June 30 and I have to drop an additional $69 to renew for July 1. That is kind of rediculous for someone in my position as a first-time ATV'er in Maine. Any way around this, or am I stuck paying twice?

Old 04-21-2005, 12:50 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

Take a look at this site, i think it's the same as it was before, if you register now it will be valid until next year. A renewal would expire this year http://www.state.me.us/ifw/licreg/regsale.html

Old 05-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Trailblazer

you can get a 15 month registration. Where in Central Maine is a good weekend ATV getaway? Moosehead Lake, Kokadjo? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride in the Milo/Schoodic Lake area, lots of logging roads and such around there. Not much in the way of deep mud, but some pretty radical trails just the same, lots of rough terrain, climbing over rocks and logs, etc. I've not ridden on it yet but I believe there is a trail that runs from the east side of Schoodic Lake down to the Corrinna area. There's a club in Corrinna (about 20 miles southwest of Milo) that sponsors a large "group" ride up to Schoodic twice every year (pictures: http://www.siteblast.com/centralmainetrailblazers).

Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Range Rover

I have a friend who lives in Greenville, and he rides all over the back mountain trails. They are
open to snowmobile/atv both. The ones not for atv are marked. There are so many trails that
are dual purpose it is astonishing, and there are beautiful views, as well as seeing deer and
moose.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] On the west side of Moosehead there is a downed B17 aircraft that went down
in winter with two survivors, and temps in the 40 below wind chill. There are alot of remote
ponds you can fish, however most are fly fishing only. A pair of waders and pack in fly rod,
and how can you beat it. There is a motel in Greenville on west show which caters to
sportsman, very reasonable, called Leisure Life. It is affiliated with the local snowmobile
club. Its litterally minutes from fantastic atving.. The mountain views, and B17 are all avail
able to view. Being that the B17 is a crash site that a number of crewmen died, nothing
can be removed from the site. However it is an interesting pitstop. Debris is all over. A
plaque on site gives details. I am not a plug for the Greenville area I have a friend who
lives there, and I would too if my wife would consider moving. She isn't going to budge
though...

Old 05-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I wonder if it's possible to ride from my area around Schoodic Lake to the Greenville/Moosehead area? I would love to take a long ride sometime.