Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Slades in Virginia a Dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slades in Virginia a Dissapointment

Went out to Slades last Sunday for some riding with the wife and girls. Cost wasnt bad, bud the riding is limited to about a 10 acre perimeter trail. Lots and lots of wild riders, blasting through the area we were told to park. The riders that are showing up have absolutley no consideration for the safety of others, they were riding (40-50 mph) around myself and my kids, on either side. And I dont mean just a couple of inconsiderate riders, I mean 75% of the riders there. This is why this place closed down a few years ago, when that young boy was killed. Noone is monitoring the riders, there are makeshift trail signs and the who trail is like a TT track, with young riders as obstacles. I'll never take my family back there. Takse 10 minutes to ride all the trails they have available. Drinking and partying all over also. I give them a couple of months until someone unfortunately gets hurt... too bad, could have been a nice place to ride. Dont get me wrong I ride a modified KFX V-Force 700, and I hammer down, but I know when and where, unlike the Morons I witness riding there. Family riders watch yourselves and your kids.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Yes but other than currituck which is lame also, where else is there to ride within 1 1/2 from the tidewater area?

Old 05-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try Big Dawg ATV Park, take 17 south all the way to a town called Washington, turn west on 264 and half way to Greenville is Big Dawg. 500 acres with a couple of tracks, drag strip and pretty cool trails. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get there.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

I moved from the tidewater area over a year ago. Now I live in southern cali where the riding is plentiful. Never moving back to VA ever again

Old 08-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: BlueridgeRider
Try Big Dawg ATV Park, take 17 south all the way to a town called Washington, turn west on 264 and half way to Greenville is Big Dawg. 500 acres with a couple of tracks, drag strip and pretty cool trails. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get there.
There closed