Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Is there still places to ride in Southern NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there still places to ride in Southern NJ?

It has been many years but there used to be a huge riding area in Southern New Jersey. Does anyone know if there are any riding areas in that area any longer and we wont have a run-in with the police for riding there? We live in Maryland but there isn't a damn place to ride in this state. We mostly ride at Tower City, PA but we are so damn tired of the rocks, it just beats you to death.

Dan
05' Prairrie 700 4x4

Old 05-03-2005, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RacerDan
It has been many years but there used to be a huge riding area in Southern New Jersey. Does anyone know if there are any riding areas in that area any longer and we wont have a run-in with the police for riding there? We live in Maryland but there isn't a damn place to ride in this state. We mostly ride at Tower City, PA but we are so damn tired of the rocks, it just beats you to death.

Dan
05' Prairrie 700 4x4
Dan you seem to have a popular problem, and though many of the larger places in southern NJ are still around, but many are also falling to development, and all that remain are open to potential police attention if enough riders use the area (not sure if that from the amount of riders, or the amount of potential summons LOL)

Best suggestion I can make is to check with local riders in the areas your thinking about and you can check out the link in my signature www.offroadnj.com to find what places are a deffinate source of income for the state or "HOT" and take a look at the various press releases on land use issues from all over.

Better yet would be to get involved with a local and national group of riders that are trying to protect our rights for access to places to ride and you can find info on that in the site also.

Hopefully things change soon (I think NJ is worse than MD) for all of us, but this isnt going to happen if we dont put in some effort as individuals to help the cause.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

Hey Racer Dan I am heading back up to Frackville PA for another speedball adventure. Just dropping you a line seeing if you wanted to join us. We are heading up there this Saturday!!! Let me know.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, the guys you were riding with (Ken, Vince & Dan) are the guys I always ride with. The day you almost had your head knocked off, Fred and I were supposed to go but the the weather kept us home (the thought of a 6 hour round-trip drive and riding all day in the rain just didn't sound like fun to me). The 5 of us are looking to go next Saturday (May 21st). Ken & Vince had something planned this weekend.

BTW - how's the head doing?

See Ya, Dan
RacerDan3@aol.com
05' Prairrie 700 4 x 4
Bel Air, MD

Old 05-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Back to the SNJ topic, we use to ride down off 47 in Millville, I believe they are building or have built a roadcourse family area somewhere around there.
I was wondering if this place still exists and I believe if you contact Action Cycle, they may be able to give us the the right info.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Millville - I just drove through there 2 days ago coming back from Wildwood and I was noticing all the trails around Rt. 55. Have you riden there lately? Want some company? We would love to come up and ride that area but we don't know anyone that rides there. If you are planning any rides in the future, please contact me.

Thanks, Dan
RacerDan3@aol.com

Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

Head fine Racer Dan stitches are gone and most of the swelling is gone as well. Maybe I will get a chance to see you up at Frackville. I have been telling some of the others about this place and I think they find it hard to believe that this place is as great as it is. Oh well!! All's welcome!!!

Trending Topics

Old 05-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Is that the same Frackville that is near Tower City, and Rausch Creek?

There are just so many spots to ride in that area, but for many of us around here just being able to ride at any of the larger legal areas is sort of a novelty since we are so used to being targeted around here.

Also the guys on the other site are working on two PA trips, and I am pushing for the one to Tower City be a weekend ride and not just 6 hours of driving for 6 hours of riding etc. link

Old 05-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Range Rover

Yes it is. And the best part is there is no cost and its all legal!!!!!

Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know if you guys checked the link but its looking like a trip for a day in pa in may, and a weekend in pa @ tower city in june.

The first date may actually be where your talking about as it sounds similar, but snafoow is setting that up and has the info.

I think I will pm him a link to this and let him figure it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Is there still places to ride in Southern NJ?