Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

little sahara, utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little sahara, utah

I'm planning on going there on Memorial day weekend. This will be my 1st trip there. Any info would be helpful. I've been to serveral web sites on LS but would like some 1st hand knowledge. Things like: does it cost and how much to camp. I plan on camping in the sand mountain camping area. thanks for any info. I live in vegas so i think it's aabout a 6 hr drive.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:27 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Yes, it will be about 6 hours for you.
Tee camping is $10 for memorial weekend (per night).
There will be flush toilets, and pit toilets at the Mountain. They will also have water faucets in 4-5 locations through the area.
It will be crowded, but not too crowded.
The crowds are all at the hill, the rest of the dunes are still very uncrowded.
It might be hot, probably really warm, being from Vegas, it will be nice for you.

What mods do you have on your 450R? I can help you get it jetted for the trip, you will be at 4300 feet and up in elevation.

Its an amazing area, and you will be back!
I will be there as well, we can TRY to hook up and shake hands.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the good info. Should be there sometime on fri morn the 27th. hope to leave about 3 or 4 am. maybe i'll beat some of the crowd. when u said warm, about what temp, in 80's or 90's. does it cool down at night, maybe in the 50's. the only mods i have are; Dr D. slip on, K&N filter. Re jetted to a 185 main. air box cover back half removed. 2" wheel spacers on rear. Tag 2 bars, billet front bumper. Foe dune riding i have itp c series wheels all around, with dune runners on front and sand devils on rear. For trail i have stock tires on douglas wheels. I have a 03 dark green chevy Z-71 and i pulling a white 8 1/2 x 16 enclosed trailer. I put in some cabenits for storage. I usually fly the US flag and I have a red banner with honda trx 450r ride red written on it. I also have a 04 warrior. Hope to meet ya. I'm trying to talk some other guys on going with me. they have banshee's and raptors. what to u race. I went to glenn helen this feb for the 1st round of the GNC

Old 05-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

just orderd a HC stage 2 cam. Should be here by the end of the week. should have it installed in plenty of time for the trip tp LS

Old 05-09-2005, 12:33 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Your jetting shouldbe pretty close.
The Hot Cam will be nice, that stock cam is junk!
It should be in the 80-90's and yes it will cool down to the 50-40's at night.
I will show up either Friday afternoon or Sat morning.
I am not sure what I will be driving yet. Most likely my black Tahoe, small lift.
If nothing else lets try to meet at 2:00 pm at the big steep hill on Sat.
They call it the face.
Kam

Old 05-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

sounds good to me for 2 pm on saturday. my "R" is black. have quite a few stickers on the underside of both front and rear fenders. I have a Dr. D exhaust. I also have a Stiffy whip wit 2 flags on it, the origanial stiffy flag and below that a quad boss flag. I usually were all black O'Neil gear. If it's warm enough i"ll have some express shorts on. I wear a black with red flames No Fear helment. Don't know what else i can tell ya to look for. Oh yea, I have ITP "C" series wheels all around. hope to see ya there

Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

well i got the cam in, what a difference it makes. I even put in a larger jet, 195. Wish i could go to armagosa before LS, so i really know what the difference it made.