Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Attention ALL CRA Racers Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about racing my Blaster at Malvern next year which is part of the CRA. I was wondering what do you have to do to race. Do you have to join anything? Call in advance to race or just show up and pay to race? Anything needed for your quad to race? Thanks!

Old 10-06-2000, 08:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My recollection is that the CRA is pretty much rider-friendly. If it is your first race you will be required to join the organization. I don't know the fee but it always has been nominal. There is also a fee to enter most tracks and another fee to race that event. All racers must at least wear boots, gloves, helmet and eye protection. All quads must have safety kill switches, and it is recommended that motocross racers use nerf bars. Other than that, bring what you got & have fun. I reside smack in the middle of AMA District 5, but preferred racing with the CRA guys over in Ohio. I felt the racing and tracks were better and the atmosphere was much more enjoyable. A good bunch of guys (and girls).