Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Marysvale Utah

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marysvale Utah

Originally posted by: SDWolverine
New2ATV

How long did it take you to get to the Richfield or Marysville area? I also live in Sioux Falls and was trying to figure the best route and time to leave.

Thanks
It took us about 18 hours to get to Marysvale driving straight through and only stopping for fuel. We left at 12:30 pm on the 15th and got to Marysvale about 5:30 the next morning. We took I-80 through Nebraska to Denver (changes to I-76 at the NE/CO border) and from Denver we took I-70 past Richfield (about 15 miles I believe) to highway 89 south which takes you right in to Marysvale.

Last year when we went, we left at 6:00 pm and got out there after lunch. There are plenty of truck stops open all night. It just depends on what you want to see for scenary (driving through the Rockies for example). I would say base the trip on what time of day you're most comfortable driving. We were all tired when we pulled in to our campsite but we unpacked our gear and by the time we were done, we had our second wind and went riding for the day because we were so excited to be there. We definitely slept good that night though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Let me know if you want any more information.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

We have been talking about driving staight through also. We have 3 people for sure and maybe two more coming so I don't know if riding 5 in my crew cab that far will be very comfortable to go all night on the road. We will have to see I guess.

Was that a campgound or just a campsite that you stayed in? Do I need reservations for hotels or anything out there?

Old 07-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

We stayed at individual campsites and the ones we stayed at were ones that you just pull up to and if no one is there, you set up camp. At the RV parks and motels, I would assume you would need reservations. This link to Marysvale provides a lot of good information. Click on the Businesses link for local business numbers. We went out there in a Ford F-350 4x4 quad cab. This year there was 4 of us and that was comfortable; or as comfortable as it could be. 5 may not be so fun for that distance. I guess it all depends on who you're going with and how much you like them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

Hey, New2ATV, did you have to rejet to run in Utah. I was wondering if you had any problems related to the altitude.
Thanks,

Old 07-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

Wolverine.........I was out to Utah a couple- three years ago at the Marysville area. We were running our 2000 Kodiaks way up to the 11000 -12000 ft elevations. We did not re-jet our machines, but we did notice some sluggishness at those elevations due to running too rich. We still managed quite well though. If we go out again, I would make a small adjustment for that elevation.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

Once you ride the Paiute trail you will be hooked and will be going there every year. We just came back from a week long trip.

We stayed at Lizzies&Charlies out of Marysvalle. In the past we have stayed and rode from Fillmore KOA, Rubys Inn Bryce Canyon and Richfield KOA. I was not that happy

with the Richfield KOA owner. He had way too many rules and a chip on his shoulder. He was going around harassing everyone. Will not stay there again.

The trails this year were real nice due to the heavy snowpack and recent rains. You will meet a lot of great people at the campground and a lot of stories to share after riding.

Make sure you have extra gas, lots of film/memory for your camera, maps and a GPS.

CUL
Marco Polo

Old 07-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

Well, here's what I did, right or wrong. Last year I would rejet but once I'd hit 10,000 feet it would die because that's what the jetting was set for. We would constantly change elevation between 4,000 feet and 11,000 feet so I gave up on rejetting. This year I didn't rejet and just took my airbox cover off and put an outerwear on my air filter. There were four Polaris's and one Grizzly in our group and the Polaris's had to take the airbox lids off and the Grizzly ran fine, he did not have to rejet nor take his airbox lid off. Of course, leaving the airbox lid off left us susceptable to getting water in the airbox but we took it easy in the water. We changed elevations so much, rejetting just became a pain in the a$$ and taking the airbox lid off wasn't.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

Originally posted by: marcopolo
Once you ride the Paiute trail you will be hooked and will be going there every year. We just came back from a week long trip.

The trails this year were real nice due to the heavy snowpack and recent rains. You will meet a lot of great people at the campground and a lot of stories to share after riding.

Make sure you have extra gas, lots of film/memory for your camera, maps and a GPS.
I couldn't agree with you more. The Paiute Trail is well worth going too. Was the Cottonwood Canyon trail (I think it's that one) east of Marysvale still washed out really bad?

Old 07-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

New2Atv,

No rock slides at the Cottonwood trail. Had some water at the bottom where the small river bed rocks are. I took my Rubicon and Recon on this trip. Neither bikes needed rejetting. On the Ruby I just turned in the pilot air/fuel mixture 1/2 turn. The trail was in excellent condition even a sport ATV could handle it. Next time I will bring in my metal detector and do some panning as some fellow campers got a little lucky this year with some very small nuggets.

The other trail going up to 01 was closed because two weeks ago they had a huge boulder come down from terrential rain. This week they brought in a big CAT but it could not move it. I am assuming dynamite is in order hihi!!!

When I post my pictures you will see my GPS at 11,300 at top of Cottonwood with some snow still showing. Right now I am in Vegas using a wireless connection and catching up on my e-mails. 112F heat with occasional thunderstorms. I wish I was up at the Paiute trail hihi!!!

CUL
Marco Polo

Old 07-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

When we were there the Cottonwood trail was washed out pretty bad but still passable (thanks to some ATVers before us). Go to this site and check out my pictures from when I was there in June. The pictures with the trees laying across the trail are on the 01 trail southwest of Marysvale. There was still a lot of snow in the higher elevations when we were there. A lot of places we had to bust through drifts that no one else would go through. I guess a lot of that has to do with playing in the snow in South Dakota and Minnesota during the winter!

Quick Reply: Marysvale Utah