Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Finger Lakes Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Lakes Missouri

Well unfortunately I did not take any pics. Appearantly you need a camera for that and I forgot mine. The trails are still pretty rutted up, and even though it has been a while since it has rained alot of the trails had some nice inpassable mud holes at least on a sport quad. We still had a good time the trails seem to be better if you are down by the north end of the lake by the camp grounds. Did a little bit of swimming enjoyed some nice sceenery at the lake as well. There was an 18 wheeler there that had Bombardier plasted all over the side of it. They had there new line up of quads out and let me tell you what they have some impressive machines, but that another story.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

so so sad. i'm from columbia but now i live in texas(thanks to my wife), i really do miss the old sho-me state! finger lakes is more for dirt bike's(sorry),yes it does have some mud, but thats more from the locals that go out there and tear it up.(sorry only once or twice). you do have to admit that the city is great and the girls are even better(thank you M.U.)!

Old 07-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

how is finger lakes on noies levels? also how large of an area is it. i am going to be in the area on aug 20 would like to check it out.
thanks

Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Range Rover

I don't think they check db levels at all. Tons of bikes with really loud race exaust all over the park.

It is huge and you can go there several times and not ride the same trails, if you like.

Just be sure to stay off of the roads, except for the one that goes to the MX track and for a quick crossing.

SLG

Old 07-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the quick response. i forgot to ask about spark arrestors for my shee what to you think?

Old 07-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Range Rover

I think they are required, but I am not 100% sure. Maybe an anonymous call to (573) 443-5315 would answer that :-) I think they are required in all Missouri parks, but I could be wrong. Now I have never seen anyone there looking at exhaust ever.

SLG

Old 07-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Would Finger Lakes be a good place to break in my 250? I need a place where I can spank it pretty good! These trails you guys a talking about....are they tight woods trails, or what. Someone had mentioned a MX track....is it groomed? Is there a fee at FL? Sad part is I'm only about 45min from there and have never been yet!

Old 07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I found the "rules" page for the ORV's at finger lakes HERE for {newblue}

Old 07-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

they do have a pretty desent track . my little brother in law races moto-cross there. i'm not sure if it's always open to the public or not,im sure it probably is. you may just want to call first.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to Finger Lakes Yesterday 7/31/05....I was told by a few people it was a good place to ride....Yeah if your on a rancher or a 4x4 atv, not on my banshee the trails were way to hard to ride,,,deeply rutted, washed out and tight. My friend high centered his banshee twice. We rode into the woods and in 10 minutes rode out of the woods. Man, it was dry the dust was everywhere. We spent about 2 hours at the motocross track, The tracks starting gate and first section is all tree shavings this makes it very tough to get traction, felt like I was on ice. the track has some steeeeep jumps and one really nice flat one by the grandstands. I was able to launch my banshee about 3 ft in the air and land about 25 feet away. There is a road that runs between the staging area and the track, speed limit is about 10 but since no one and I mean no one was there it became our dragstrip...There was a guy there on a yfz450 who wanted to race me on the dirt and I said no but I will on the street, I smoked his a$$....! I would not recommend finger lakes for the sport atv too much work.

Quick Reply: Finger Lakes Missouri