Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Virginia Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia Riders?

RatherB... Sorry I have not been over there... Can't say too much about the area.

My riding exploits have been severely curtailed the past couple of years. I have been dealing with a badly botched knee operation and have been in and out of the hospital a grand total of 5 or 6 times with complications. Also had a couple of heart scares, and a stent and balloon procedure done, so riding hasn't been on the agenda for quite a while.

I have a brand new 03 Rubicon just calling my name... with less than 30 miles on it... and am really itching to get back on and ride though. I just had my most recent surgery removing all the hardware 5 weeks ago.. and the healing is going well. I actually had the surgical wound close this time which it hadn't done for over 2 and a half years. I also am on IV therapy for another 2 weeks for an associated deep bone infection.... and that is doing well too... So yeah, maybe later this summer, I'll try and hook up...

Old 06-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Virginia Riders?

Originally posted by: RedRider20
thanks for the site. would like to get a trip to taskers gap or hatfield/mcoy. anyone been there?. some of the trails i heard were pretty harry
You NEED to go to Hatfield McCoy. That place is incredible. There is something for everyone. I reccommend you check out the browning fork trailhouse for your accomodations if you go there. You can ride from the trailhouse to the trails. Marty Buchanan owns the place and he is the worlds best host. If you need something, he will make it happen. Check out there website if you are planning on going to H/M BrowningFork Trailhouse

Old 06-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

Thanks for the info, place looks good. cant wait to go!.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

RedRider20, did you find many places to ride? My wife and I just bought quads this past weekend in Warrenton. We're thinking about trying out the Cove as it appears to be the closest.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Range Rover
Default Virginia Riders?

motocove is pretty nice.....was down there a few weeks ago

most the trails are 5-8 ft wide so 4 wheelers don't have a prob with them

trails could be marked a lil better but other then that its pretty good riding

Old 08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

Thanks, about how many miles of trails are there? Can you get a good day of riding in? Their site doesn't go into detail about their trails.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

i have been riding a farm in louden county. its pretty good but the horses are everywhere. havent found any places local, like warrenton or remington, anywhere close. what is the cove?. havent heard of that. plus hunting season is about here so the only ridden i will be doin is to load up some game.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

The cove is right outside of Winchester in Gore. Check out http://www.motocove.com for info. We went there today and it is nice but pretty technical with huge rocks. We did a 10 mile loop. They have a 20 mile loop as well and a few other small ones. I'd love to find some smooth trails where you can really open them up.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

trying to find any places around manassas woodbridge bristow.....I live in the damn country there should be places all over....any one know thanks

Old 09-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Virginia Riders?

Hello to all.
Vak we gotta plan another ride I'm getting way to anxious.

I still want to blow your mind and take you up to Samokin, its only 3 hrs out of Fairfax. I'd rather go for several days but its doable in a day ride if we hit the road early. No Taskers Gap, MotoCove, Green Ridge, or Buds Creek has got anything close to this spot. Even the local Paragon or Tower City or Raush Creek hasn't got the thrilling 100 to 200 foot hill climes. When you first come up on it, your heart will sink just like going down a roller coaster for the first time. After watching everyone else you'll start building up confidence and its all a rush from there on.
Its got jumps as high as you dare and ponds and a wide asortment of mud holes. Its got wide flat connecting trails you can open it up too. The only thing you can expect not to find is the abusive tier eating hard rock. Its got lots of cool places to check out too. I would't hesitate one minute even for a one day ride and late evening return. Even beginers will have more fun than our local spots and their skills would triple faster. Expert riders are going to have a blast.

Since my buddy Vak is tied down to Sundays it would be a Sunday rain is even better. I think he said this SUNDAY SEPT. 11 is good so this Sunday it is. Bring your cameras. Also something to make a scarf for the dust and goggles are a must.

If you want to join us post your in.

I'll be posting a rendevous point and time.

Any specific questions you can PM me.

Quick Reply: Virginia Riders?