Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Virginia Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia Riders?

hey im looking for some places to ride and some new faces. i have a 03 rubicon and am thinking of a trx400 for some fast fun. i am game for any safe location to ride (no cops). I am in Fauquier county so lets ride. Any Clubs?

Old 06-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Range Rover
Default Virginia Riders?

whats up redrider im just right down the street from ya in spotsylvania but the bad news is i am also looking for a good place to ride ..there not much in central va that i know of i do most of my riding at my parents place where i have 1/2 mile of trails/jumps/mud holes and i can get to a powerline road thats about a mile of good wideopen riding we have group rides every once in awhile new people are always welcome ..its not much but its better then nothing shoot my a email if your interested suzkisuperman@aol

Old 06-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Virginia Riders?

Hey guys, the Northern VA trail riders are local to you... and are the sponsors of Taskers Gap. Also there is an ATV riders club out of Richmond that has a couple of areas for their private use as well. Look for them in the club listings for VA. Lastly, if you go across the 301 bridge and take a right towards Budds creek, there is a pay as you go riding park out that way as well...

If you feel really ambitious, there is always the Hatfield McCoy, and a couple of State run parks down in SE VA.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
Hey guys, the Northern VA trail riders are local to you... and are the sponsors of Taskers Gap. Also there is an ATV riders club out of Richmond that has a couple of areas for their private use as well. Look for them in the club listings for VA. Lastly, if you go across the 301 bridge and take a right towards Budds creek, there is a pay as you go riding park out that way as well...

If you feel really ambitious, there is always the Hatfield McCoy, and a couple of State run parks down in SE VA.

Hey Draggin, do you have anymore intel on the park near Budds Creek?

Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Virginia Riders?

Here is a partial reprint from the Freelance star... Last time I looked at their website, you could pay for a year's membership, or pay something around 25 per visit. There is also a registration fee on top of that... Something around $100 I think...

It is called Southern Maryland ATV Park... Their website is atvwannaride.com Also, check out MDATV website. They have a lot of local areas in their links section

BUDDS CREEK, Md.--Just beyond the Harry W. Nice bridge, a quiet country road leads to what some refer to as an ATV lover's utopia.
It's called the Southern Maryland ATV Park, which began as an unlikely goal owner Rick Bolton was determined to reach.
The park, which opened to the public in April 2003, is the closest of its kind for ATV enthusiasts in the Fredericksburg area. Many aficionados say they wish more would pop up

Old 06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

Wow thanks DB! Those are some nice links! Have you ever been to MotoCove over near Winchester? Looked like a nice place to ride fairly close by, however they didn't really give any details about the traild on thier site. Just curious as to how many acres or miles of trials they got.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

thanks for the site. would like to get a trip to taskers gap or hatfield/mcoy. anyone been there?. some of the trails i heard were pretty harry

Old 06-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Virginia Riders?

There are some very rough trails at Taskers Gap. To quote a sign on the Taskers Run Trail it is "rough as hell". Seems to be a great place and it is free to all. Trail maps at the trail head and a clean bathroom as well. I would like to get people from Fairfax and all points west together for a day trip.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Virginia Riders?

Originally posted by: Vakero
There are some very rough trails at Taskers Gap. To quote a sign on the Taskers Run Trail it is "rough as hell". Seems to be a great place and it is free to all. Trail maps at the trail head and a clean bathroom as well. I would like to get people from Fairfax and all points west together for a day trip.

Lets make it happen...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Virginia Riders?

Our Grizz is in the shop for at least a week. I would like to try a trip for Sunday 19th , or Sunday 26th. I may have a one or two people to go along with us.

Quick Reply: Virginia Riders?