Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black river falls Wis.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black river falls Wis.

going up for a full week of riding next week, wondering what the trails are like this year? Hopefully do a good bit of family riding in clack county, a a ton of tear-a$$ing in jackson county. Also hoping to hook up with a group a sport riders if possible

Old 06-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Range Rover

We had a ton of rain and storms Wednesday night. Reports of 3-4 inches by some guys here in BRF just over night. Was getting dry and dusty prior to that. Went for a nice ride about Thursday last week in Clark County but haven't been out since. May be dried out pretty good by next week if we don't get any more rain.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

Trail system is AWSOMe tons of trails... I own land in that area (hixton area) and my buddy lives 2 min from the trail head in merrilan.. its a HELLUVA time.. i suggest the Rock damn run... its a blast.. down toward black river, there are a TON of whoops and things like that, so you will get arm pump, make sure u bring a filter cleanign kit, cuase when its dusty.. its REALLY dusty. Naed.... we are having a ride up there 4th of july weekend, u should meet us and ride!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

Pigsticker..may do that. My kids and families will all be up. We have a cabin (rustic) outside of Hatfield about three miles. I have a 4-wheeler I want to sell, so will see what happens. Where do you stay when you come up? Dean

Old 06-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

Ostrich, we will have a group of sport riders in BRF starting Thursday the 16th. We stay at the Arrowhead lodge and you cannot miss our group. We have a circus tent set up and 1/2 barrel of beer. Should be about 20-25 of us. Thursday we will probably ride to Millston, Friday to Hatfield and rock dam lake and maybe Pray on Saturday.

Where are you staying?

Old 06-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

we'll be staying in russel memorial park, on the border of jackso and clark counties. A circus tent should be pretty easy to spot. Also what are the intensive use areas in clark county exactly?

Old 06-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

naed, we stay right at my buddies place in merrilan.. his name is kyle illbeck, he has a 400 scrammy 2 stroke, he';s out quite a bit... its got a pipe on it, kenda claws, and he;s got a gas rack on the back of it, he lives right off 95 in merrilan.. I have property in Swede town township, and my uncle has a LARGE farm in hixton right by curran, between northfield and pigeon falls.... werhe the big bucks roam [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

I was just up there last weekend and had a blast. There where 8 of us in our group. We stayed at Russel Memorial Campgrounds and rode to Merralin or some town south of BRF one day and north half way to Rockdamb anouther day when we dident have as much time. It was nice there was almost no one on the trails and we where able to fly threw the trails at speed fast enough to smooth out the woops.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Three of us rode sport machines and the rest where on utilitys. Us three fast people would fly threw the trails at 60+mph and stop and wait 10 minutes at ever other stop sighn for the slow pokes to catch up. The fastes person on a utility with a spedo said he was running 35-55mph most of the time and he would be abought 3-5 minutes behind us. then the rest anouther 3-5 minutes. No arm pump when you just skim the top of the woops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]. And before you get on me abought our speed and meeting people we slowed for corners and blind spots. Just went like mad everywhere else. We left home around 6 am friday and got on the trails around 2 in the afternoon. We put 70 miles on that afternoon to the north. Trails where extreamly dry and dusty. Friday nite it rained and saturday we went south to BRF and then on to Merralin and around the loop back up the BRF. That morning the trails where perfect, no dust and no mud other than the big permanent mud holes. After dinner we got dumped on and the trails quiqly became real wet and slopy. We dident care though because we where already compleatly soaked from head to toe. Sunday morning the trails where already dry and starting to get dusty. We packed up camp and headed home around 2 pm sunday afternoon and decided to do it again next year.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a good time. I'm getting ready to plan a trip to the area myself. Wondering if any signs of grooming activity or is it the norm?

BRF=100 miles of whoops
Clark County = Decent trail riding groomed about once a Month.

Jason

Old 06-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Will be down there this w/e 6/18 scouting trails for club ride end of July. Have ridden a couple times in area. Am wanting to check ot route to Pray and past Hatfield to Clark. Know the Millston loop already. naed can you reccomend any trailside lunch stops? Only ones know of are 400 in Millston, and perkins in BRF. Tried to hookup with local club but got no e-mail response.

Quick Reply: Black river falls Wis.