Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

central Georgia.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central Georgia.

is there anywere to ride around Atlanta. i use to ride on Lake alatoona but now the cops are being butts. i have no where to ride because of all the civalization and retarted neighbors. are there any tracks i've only found one that was like and hr away.

Old 07-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default central Georgia.

I ride in the wooded areas behind the industrial parks off of Fulton Industrial and Bouldercrest Road. I would think that there would be similar areas in Cobb and Hall counties.

I have also registered and tagged my Suzuki Vinson in Dekalb County, so the cops can't bother me when I ride on public roads.

Old 07-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Range Rover
Default central Georgia.

you can make your atv street legal in GA? i thought you couldnt. what do i need to do? i want to do this so bad.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default central Georgia.

I did a little bit of legal research and found out that riding an ATV on the street is not legal or illegal. It's a gray area of the law. The state will not issue you a title to make tagging your ATV easy but the county that I live in(DeKalb) did give me a tag; The paperwork that I presented to the county DMV tag office was a bill of sale and a Form T-22B, which is a VIN authentication form that any LEO will fill out for you to make sure that the vehicle isn't stolen and of course you have basic liability insurance coverage. I went to the section of the DMV that deals with the registration of commercial vehicles because the frontline employees that deal with regular vehicle registrations are going to have you running around to get a "bonded title" and other assorted BS because in general no one ever attempts to tag their ATV. In my case after about three days of BS I went to the state DMV website and on it is a listing of vehicles that a title will not be issued for, I printed this page out for them(county DMV) and they agreed that there was no obstacle to me getting a tag.

Before you make the effort to do this, make sure that there are no local or county ordinances that specifically state that you can't ride an ATV on the main roads and if there is you may be able to register and tag it in a county that doesn't have such ordinances just to get the tag; and that's the main thing because once you get the tag you're in the system and the cops can't legally bother you. Yesterday, I got a lot of second looks from a lot of cops that passed me but when they saw my tag they kept on going and no one bothered me. I'm providing a link to the state DMV site that was helpful to me. Let me know how it turns out for you.

http://www.dmvs.ga.gov/motor/titles/required.asp

As you will see on this site there are several vehicles that you see on the roads every day and they are tagged. I figured if worse came to worst I was going to claim that my ATV was a farm/agricultural vechicle to get the tag but I didn't have to.

Old 07-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default central Georgia.

hey YamiYFZ and Ranger HA AF, our group rides most of the state trails and alot of the private areas all over Ga. and the southeast. we are the Ga. ATVRiders and ride some where almost every weekend. Tracks in the near area to Acworth, have you tried Diamondback MX for racing, they have a summer series going on now. Several in our club are racing up there on the 10th of July. DiamondBack is located in RESACA, just off I-75. also a new ride area is being built in the Cartersville area.

We just rode an exciting NEW PRIVATELY OWNED area in Elberton, Ga. BROAD RIVER ATV It is situated on 3000 acres and has over 50 miles of legitimate one-way trails. 5 cabins for rent and they also rent atvs for those wanting a new wxpereince. The operators are some of the most accommodating you will ever meet. The area has not had an official GRAND OPENING and has already experienced several out of state riding groups. They have very friendly trails covering every thing from tight technical to soupy sloppy mudriding. More trails added each month and a MX track is also in the plans.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default central Georgia.

You also need to check out Durhamtown Plantation. www.durhamtown.com. We have been riding there about 4 years now and it just gets better. They have 4 mx tracks and also a pee-wee track for kids if you have any. They are open 364 days a year, rain or shine. There is over 100 mi. of trail, and the guy that is building them is doing an AWESOME job!!! From wide motocross style roads, to nerf bar wide trails they have everything. They even have 20 acres of nothing but muddy trails for you utility guys. If you want to stay overnight, there are around 20 cabins and 45 rv spots with full hook-ups. These guys know what they are doing, they have a fully stocked pro shop and are about to open up their own atv dealership, so you can always get what you want no matter what day it is. I was up there last weekend and saw them drawing up plans for a whole new riding area with pro level tracks and asphalt dragstrips. Right now they have about 8000 acres and they are buying more. You need to go at least once, I guarantee you will have found a new home.

'05 yfz 450
'04 wr 250