Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Clark County Wi

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark County Wi

Originally posted by: HP500EFI
I had a freind who collided with a enduro biker a few years ago in BRF. The biker was on a pker run and had been drinking just before the accident. They agreed on the trail to split the damages and exchanged names etc....soon after they arrived at home, the biker sent a certified mail to the ATV driver indicating that his bike was damaged and that the ATV guy needed to pony up the money to pay. Ultimately the biker took the ATV guy to court over the damages etc. Because everything was verbal on the trail and the fact that the Biker had the most damage, the biker won in court...long story short, go nowhere in an accident until someone calls or notifies the police because they will turn against you.

On another note, what the COMPLETE stops in BRF and Clark county. We got a verbal warning that they will be ticketing all non complete stops ... even those stop sign on deserted roads etc...we always stop but but may roll through or if in big groups, have a guy standing in the road waving people on to keep the group together.
Ya what the heck is going on with the sherriffs dept. I got pulled over when crossing the bridge on hyway 10. I came down the road from the campground following my 3 riding buddies (who by the way blew the stop sign). I rolled up to the corner looked both ways and even looked straight at the sherrif deputy in the truck right next to the corner. Then continued down the road. He pulled me over and said I blew the sign. All I could do was give him a confused look. He went and checked it out on his dash cam and let me go with a warning. The fine would have been $180. I dont think Ill ever be going back to clark county , There are so many better trails systems out there now anyway.

Oh ya we NEVER drink alcohol or ride or allow any drinkers to ride with us.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark County Wi

black river falls trails are great, but, yes there are idiots. my brother almost got nailed by 3 dirtbikes racing around the corner taking up the whole trail, the had to of been doing 60, and my brother was in the lead of our group and was all the way to the right on a corner and one dirt bike missed him by about 2 inches when he swerved and when the dirt bike guy swerved he almost hit his buddy he was racing.