Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Clark County Wi

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark County Wi

OK 1st off just want to say that Clark County has some nice trails & the ppl around in the little towns R great..

Went Wheelin Saturday to Clark county WI, Again 3rd time 8-) & had a blast. Unfortunately there all ways has to be a few Idiots out there, about half way through are ride, I was 3rd in line of four in are group, now the trails are VERY dusty & you have to keep back a good 2minutes. Well Iam coming up to a nice right hand corner in 4th gear. Now I have been riding in Clark county B4 & know that you have to hug the corners tight because there always could be someone coming the other way, & ahead on in the middle of cheese land would not be a good thing. About half way through the corner here’s A group of ppl with kids smack dab in the middle of the trail takin a break. So I lock up the binders, A little more gas, then back to the binders again & iam in the woods, but did not run into anyone & I was ok.... Now I no $hit happens on the trail when in bigger groups. Waitin up for ppl, kids got to pee, lunch. Blah, blah, blah BUT DONT DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAIL IDIOT. I would not hav said anything about this but the leader of this clan had the ***** to say that it was my fault that I ended up in the woods cause I was going to fast. Now coming from a guy that has his clan in the middle of the trail, with a PBR in his hand. I had a few choice words to say to him. Now for some dumb chance if you read these forums Idiot..Drinkin Beer & Ridin Dont Mix..I see you drinkin on the trails again & been a Idiot I will be on the phone faster then you can grab another PBR. Hav a Good Day

Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Range Rover
Default Clark County Wi

Been there. Done that. In Clark countie non the less. I have had that happen a few times. Never wound up in the woods but darn close. We always stop on the straight aways and get off or at least way to one side of the trail iff we are going to be stopped. One guy in our riding group this spring gave an entire group of slowpokes in the middle of the trail a bath.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He came around a corner on his Grizzly at a decent clip and there was a HUGE mud puddle rite where he was aimed. He wanted to go around but this group moving at a snail pace had the entire rest of the trail blocked so he just opened it up and blasted rite threw at a very fast rate. he said he seen the watter splashing off them and he just hammered down and left them sit all wet. I was a minute or so ahead of him and and the same group was blocking the trail when I blew past them. I just narowly missed the watter. At first I was a little mad at him for blasting them but then I thought abought how far I was ahead of him and they where blocking the trail there when I went buy so if they where dumb enough to still be sitting there on the back side of a blind corner, rite next to a huge mud puddle then they deserved to get wet. I couldent count the number of people I have seen out on those trails with a beer in hand. Last year we ran across a group of guys taking a break in a safe spot off to the side buy a stop sign. We decided to stop on the other side of the trail from them and take a break as well. We opened our coolers and pulled out our soddas and they imediatly asked where we where from. We said Iowa, Why? They all chuckled and said that our drinks wernet Bush Lights. One thing I have learned while riding up there is to stay alert for locals. They are mostly drunk or well on there way to it and not a one of them has a helmate. We always have us speed demons out in front so we can run the speed we want and wait for the rest of the group to catch up at stop signs. More than once we have asked people to get off the trail so that our wifes and slower freinds dont hit them. They are ALWAYS stoped on the back side of a blind corner. I have just learned to be ready to stop at any time espesaly corners.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clark County Wi

pm me with your #, we might be going to Danbury this week end....

Old 07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Clark County Wi

ZButcheR, How ya been?
I havent made it to clark county yet, but wanted to get there sometime this year.
Wheres a good place to park, and unload? Are there many gas stations, along the trail?
I here ya about the drinking...snowmobiling, its even worse.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Clark County Wi

At least he had a good choice of beers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clark County Wi

Great Post.. and I think I was along on the ride with ZButcheR (Shawn).

To futher this story I went to Black River Falls the following weekend and had some idiot on a Sportman 700 taking a blind corner on the wrong side of the trail. He and I collided and I instantly became air-born with my quad cartwheeling behind me. I was taking a right hand corner while staying on the right hand side of the trail. Now in BRF the trails are near 15 feet wide. He was taking a left hand corner while riding on the left hand side (wrong side) and at the last minute tried unsuccessfully to get out of the way. I ending up hitting his front tire with mine. I'm still sore but very happy I didn't make a trip to the hospital. None of the other riders in his group behind him even stopped to see what had happened. They all drove right on by.

After getting on my feet and realizing that I could still walk and nothing was broken I just about commited murder on this idiot. Lucky my I kept my witz about me and backed off. He agree entirely that the accident was his fault and agree to cover the damages. After limping my quad back 15 miles with a broken tie rod, broken ball joints, bent wheel, broken rear grab bar and stress cracked plastics I contacted the Douglas county sherrif. I'm almost positive this idiot was drinking and that is why none of his other 4x4 group members would even stop.

I took my quad in for an estimate and it totalled out at $940 including labor.

I certianly hope he has enough sense to pay for the damages.

I'm thinking about carrying a lock and cable and just throwing it around one of these door ***** quads out in the middle of no-where and locking it done so they can't ride it. Let them wait there with their quad until I can get a county sherrif out there to deal with them..

Old 07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Clark County Wi

That sounds like a good idea...locking the offenders quad, till the authoritiees get there. Its funny how gestapo the dnr and other enforcement agencies are in WI....yet there are so many drunks on the trails.

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Clark County Wi

I had a freind who collided with a enduro biker a few years ago in BRF. The biker was on a pker run and had been drinking just before the accident. They agreed on the trail to split the damages and exchanged names etc....soon after they arrived at home, the biker sent a certified mail to the ATV driver indicating that his bike was damaged and that the ATV guy needed to pony up the money to pay. Ultimately the biker took the ATV guy to court over the damages etc. Because everything was verbal on the trail and the fact that the Biker had the most damage, the biker won in court...long story short, go nowhere in an accident until someone calls or notifies the police because they will turn against you.

On another note, what the COMPLETE stops in BRF and Clark county. We got a verbal warning that they will be ticketing all non complete stops ... even those stop sign on deserted roads etc...we always stop but but may roll through or if in big groups, have a guy standing in the road waving people on to keep the group together.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clark County Wi

I WAS UP IN CLARK COUNTY 2 MONTHS AGO AND ME AND MY WIFE WERE CRUISING DOWN THE TRAIL AT ABOUT 30 0R 35MPH WHEN 3 KIDS WENT BY ON RAPTORS SPRAYED BIG ROCKS ALL OVER MY OLD LADY. SO OF COURSE THE HOT HEAD I AM I CHASED THEM DOWN AND HAD A FEW WORDS WITH THEM. THEY WERE ALL WASTED AND MUST THOUGHT I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO CATCH THEM BUT GUESS AGAIN I CAUGHT THEM IN ABOUT TWO SECONDS AND CUT THEM OFF. IT ONE THING TO DRINK A BEER OR TWO AND HAVE A LITTLE FUN BUT DONT PUT SOMEONE ELSE IN DANGER AND DO IT ON YOUR OWN LAND!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clark County Wi

Hey HB, Iam doing good thx for askin, & your self???? you get those kids of yours quards yet????
Theres a nice place to park Right off Hwy 10 in Clark County, & as for gas we bring a 5 for each rider. but there R a few places to stop for gas & food...

Good ride this weekend MNRAP. After the rain the trails got fast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
To bad Bobs Vforce went south & again we had to run into the Beer drinkin IDIOT'S in the middle of the trail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

O Well Shoot me a call/Email when ya guys want to go again........

Quick Reply: Clark County Wi