Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minneapolis, Minnesota

At some point later this summer I might be taking a trip to the Minneapolis, Minnesota area from Rochester, NY. Can anyone tell me where there might be places to ride close to here or even several hours from here. Not looking for muddy trails, want flat open areas for drag racing, etc, sand is a plus, also would like a place where other fast ATVs go.

Thanks,

Scooby

Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

I've never been to the Gilbert Iron range, but that is mostly rock vs. sand. I have heard that Spider Lake has some sand, but don't know if it has any areas for drag racing.

unless of course you're into hill climbing, there might be some quad hill climbs at the Kato Cycle club in Mankato, which is a little over an hour south of Minneapolis. From pic's that I've seen it's mostly dirt vs. sand.

Otherwise, the few areas we do have are mostly trails with speed and db limits.

Hopefully if someone else knows of an area that can accomodate a 120 hp DS, they'll chime in.

Keep us posted when you'll be around.

Old 07-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The nearest sand area is Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan, otherwise you can go over the border to Wisconsin, lots of nice trails,a lot of them in the central area are a sandy,softer soil that you might like. Otherwise, you will probably have to be content with woods and trails, or the occasional gravel or sand pit, if you can find a legal one to ride in !!!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

You bring that New York pressurized turbo jacked up gas pumper out here in this GREAT State of Minnesota - wherein everything is illegal and I can double bottem dollar betchu you'll end up buyin it back at the next state auction after the good-ol boys at the impound lot have had theirin way wid it. We don't take to no high afluten outsiders comin in here and makin the rest of the good ol hard worken family residence of this GREAT State of 10,000 lakes lookin like we is some country hicks neither.

LOL - unless its a permit type event I think the state speed limit is 55. You wouldnt go faster then that would ya?

Not much to work with for that class of machine here. Bummer - I'd love to see what it could do.