Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

How is the riding in ARIZONA

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the riding in ARIZONA

My family and i are considering a move to arizona from georgia. I could get myself a new yamaha rhino, but how is the riding out there? I'm not exactly sure which part of arizona, but i think its in the northern part or something? But is there any good riding out there because I really know nothing about it...Just curious.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

Yeah I'm from arizona and there is a lot of nice places out here in payson maybe an hour away from here. Theres Sycamore Creek OHV area is another great place to ride and theres apache and lots of kewl places and we arent that from Glamis! You'll like it here. Arizona is nice except for the summer.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What ever kind of riding you do, you will be able to find it in close proximity wherever you in AZ. If your into the dunes you have Cinders, glamis, and UT are all fairly close with Cinders being right outside your door if you are in northern AZ. Good mountain trails up north and wide open desert to the south.

Hotter than hell in the summer though down in the desert areas...tough to ride this time of year unless you get out at 5 am and are done by 9. That sun on your helmet will melt your brain quick...

Old 08-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

LOL! Yeah Utah isn't that far I went to the paiute trails up there there is 250 miles of trails there you'd like it alot its sooo much fun.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Will i need 4x4 there? im guessing it's more sporty riding....I'm getting a brand new quad as soon as we get there

Old 08-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
Will i need 4x4 there? im guessing it's more sporty riding....I'm getting a brand new quad as soon as we get there
Depends on how deep in the chit you want to get. You can get away with 2 wheel drive in most places, just don't try to cross the washes...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh yea, and BTW, my was at 114 degrees at my house today...no riding for me...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I might of misread your post also. Are you talking about a 4x4 quad or truck? I was thinking truck, but I don't know why. Actually, my answer is probable good for either one, but at least in my part of the state, sport quad is a better way to go. Much more wide open riding...

Old 08-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I'm flying to Arizona this saturday until thursday to check it out, i'll see how close i would be to any riding areas.

for the 4x4 i was talking about a truck and a quad I guess, I'd be buying both anyways.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

I think the city is Gallup...if anybody knows where that is. And is there a website where i can just type the city and see the closest riding areas

Quick Reply: How is the riding in ARIZONA