Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pismo Is Getting Ruined!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Is Getting Ruined!

Can somebody tell me why they fence off bushes and vegitation? for christ sakes, people planted them there in the early 1900s (if memory serves me correct).

Old 09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Teebone56
that is hard to do if you look at the mess at competion bump broken glass and trash left in piles...now how do you defend that. That reflects on all of us, a few pictures of that mess and it shoots down the good that we do as a group. I am shure all of you have been in the bathrooms out there... what is that all about why is it nessesary to trash something that we are all paying for.
I don't know what is with people. The go out to Pismo and they check anything to do with common decency at the gate. My last trip there (first weekend in August) someone literally took a cr@p on the floor in the bathroom closest to Pole 6! WTF! 1) It's absolutely disgusting 2) someone has to clean that up. I feel so much for those state parks workers. Plus people urinate all over the seats. I mean come on guys...lift the FSCKIN SEAT! If you're gonna put paper down on the seat, push it down into the pit to be sucked out later. Don't leave 1/2 a damn roll on the seat! Or better yet, go buy some Clorox wipes, whipe the seat down, dry it and use a toilet seat liner.

Complete opposite: Hollister Hills. Bathrooms are ALWAYS clean. They can even put trash cans in there because people won't a) steal them b) who the hell else knows, but I'm sure someone would probably start a fire in one at Pismo.

Now what is it with all the caution tape fences....Christ the last time out I felt like a mouse in a maze just tring to get out into the dunes from the beach...reminds me of the oklahoma land grab...I mean some people have a half acre lot hosed off with one toy hauler sitting in the middle...they even had one of the fore mentioned stinking bathrooms roped off...now thats and idiot i don't care who you are thats plain stupidity there!!! Hell I am out in the dunes after an hour ride, and come back to find my own trailer roped off on all four sides, what the hell......That kind of crap has got to go...
When I'm the first out and need to rope off an area I try to keep it as small as possible. When people show up, the tape comes down and goes in the back of my truck. The aforemention trip, someone wrapped off a good 1/2 acre so they could get their own private track. BS. We ended up having to walk all over the place trying to get through. Parks about needs to start marking roads or something up through the mess (they have a couple of chutes already) so people don't block everything off.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: cr125predator
Can somebody tell me why they fence off bushes and vegitation? for christ sakes, people planted them there in the early 1900s (if memory serves me correct).
The vegetation was planted to stop the dunes from doing what they naturally do...MOVE. To keep people out of the vegetation, they have to put up fences around it. There used to be a neat little track on the top side of Comp in the brush. It's roped off now. Though I think all the surrounding sand got blown away and it's not too safe sitting up in the air.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

About 15-20 years ago there was an awsome track made through the bushes, I have a home video of it and it looks like soooo much fun. Its all ATC 250r's tearing it up.

But i totally know what you mean, it seems like a lot of the people coming to pismo are a bunch of **** heads. Why is it so hard to put trash in a trash can or take it home. Then these people go and b!tch and moan why these places are getting closed down. My cousin saw some guy drinking a beer and when he was done with it he just tossed it on the ground. Why cant you just bring a damn trash bag? As for the bathrooms, i dont use them very often because i have a sport trailer, but that sounds rediculas!!!!! It makes me sick to know that we as atv riders and off road enthusiests have sunk so low as to take a **** on the bathroom floor. We are asking to get pismo closed down with moves like this. I always take my trash and so does everyone else that i camp with.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Some of the posts around the vegitatiion has become very dangerous...last time out I saw a kid hit a post that was sticking up out of the sand maybe 2feet or so his quad flipped twice end over end..luckly the kid wasn't hurt .

Old 09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

My last trip mid July there was so much tape up I actually took some down and backed my trailer in. When the guy came over to complain i indroduced myself as his new nieghbor. I told it wouldn't be nessesary to roll out the red carpet i would only be staying for a few days....he had a trampoline set up..I told him I would be over to try it out a little later on .....completely disarmed him before he could get started.....He he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] i brough him over a beer later that day and shot the breeze with him no hard feelings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: cr125predator
About 15-20 years ago there was an awsome track made through the bushes, I have a home video of it and it looks like soooo much fun. Its all ATC 250r's tearing it up.
Definately sounds cool. Like the trails I see in pics and vids from the Orgeon Coast.

I always take my trash and so does everyone else that i camp with.
So do the groups I camp with. Hell, I ask for extra bags at the booth on the way in. Just take a couple minutes to stop after Pole 2 and drop the trash in the dumpsters there. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR!

Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Teebone56
Some of the posts around the vegitatiion has become very dangerous...last time out I saw a kid hit a post that was sticking up out of the sand maybe 2feet or so his quad flipped twice end over end..luckly the kid wasn't hurt .
There's got to be miles of old fence fabric burried out there in the dunes. I've been seeing a lot of it this year on my trips. The dunes sure moved quite a bit this year. Rerouted part of Sand Highway. But if you ask some, I'm sure they'd say they moved because of all the OHVs out there...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my last trip, I felt like there was a lot more of the "Spring Break Mentality" than I had seen in previous years. A lot more folks driving "under the influence" and a lot more roudy in general.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
On my last trip, I felt like there was a lot more of the "Spring Break Mentality" than I had seen in previous years. A lot more folks driving "under the influence" and a lot more roudy in general.
Seems like its more of the glamis type crowd.

Quick Reply: Pismo Is Getting Ruined!