Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking to ride in Wallace, Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to ride in Wallace, Idaho

Hi I'm headed to Wallace , Idaho next week and I'm towing the trailer behind my 31' RV.
I'm thinking about camping at some forest campgrounds, namely KIT PRICE, or Bumble Bee.
Has anyone camped here and are the trails accessible from these campgrounds ? Would there be
A better place to camp ? Thought about in Wallace but not sure if I could reach a trail without
crossing some pavement. Any thoughts you have I sure would appreciate. Thanks

Old 09-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

wheres wallace?

Old 09-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Idaho, Panhandle

Old 09-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

I'd get in touch with these guys for more specific information. But, I do believe you can ride in town, to access the trails.

High Mountain ATV

Old 09-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

There is a road (dirt) right across the street from Kit Price that will take you up into some great area. Bear in mind that pretty much all the trails in that area are closed after Labor Day, so you have to stick to the main roads, and please be considerate of the hunters in the area, you are in the middle of archery season. Don't be fooled by the lack of signs or gates, they don't have to be marked to be closed, you have to purchase the FS map to be sure, or look at the map at the FS station in CDA at the end of Sherman by Fernan, but stick to the main roads and you will be fine. There is some great area up there, like Grizzley Mnt. Have a good time and then go tell all your Washington friends how terrible it was and that they shouldn't ever bother going to Idaho. We have way too many of them as it is here.

Old 09-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: Niskibum
Have a good time and then go tell all your Washington friends how terrible it was and that they shouldn't ever bother going to Idaho. We have way too many of them as it is here.
HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the town/businesses probably have a deep RESPECT for ALL tourist that visit Wallace or any other town in northern Idaho..........

With Ur statement that I'm quoting i take it U don't like tourist????????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Niskibum for your in depth info. That's the kind of info I was looking for. This will be my last yr
here in the Republik of Wa. We are planning to move to either Idaho or Montana next yr. There's
not a decent place here to ride. Thanks again for everyone's input. Steve

Old 09-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
[HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the town/businesses probably have a deep RESPECT for ALL tourist that visit Wallace or any other town in northern Idaho..........

With Ur statement that I'm quoting i take it U don't like tourist????????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Yes, I absolutely hate tourists, that's why I gave that in depth info to Brandy420 about the riding areas (you know, the part you convienantly deleted from my quote). In actuality, the north fork of the CDA river isn't accessed by way of Wallace if you are coming from WA., in fact most of the tourists you see come from eastern WA and they don't make very many stops along the way because it isn't very far. You can get there and back on a half a tank of gas, even in my truck. I don't mind a few tourists, but if you take a drive up the north fork on a summer weekend you will see the Idaho liscense plates outnumber by 4 or 5 to one by the Washington plates. You would almost think that it was illegal to camp or float or hunt in Washington! Try stopping by the parking lot at the top of 4th of July pass on any weekend and count the Washington plates, or go to the 4th street public docks in the summer and count the WA boaters.

Now I know that Eastern WA doesn't have any lakes that compare to CDA, and the rules for floating the little Spokane are ridiculous (no alchohol, or swiming, or tubes), but hey that's why I live in ID. So yes, I'm gonna complain when it's overrun by Washingtonians, it's my right to do so. I bet if your favorite recreation spot was overrun by Idahoans you'd be gripping about it too.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: Niskibum
So yes, I'm gonna complain when it's overrun by Washingtonians, it's my right to do so. I bet if your favorite recreation spot was overrun by Idahoans you'd be gripping about it too.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

What if it's your old stomping grounds... and you have Washington plates???? Once you leave, are ya banned forever? Puuuullleeeeaaasssseee, can I come back to visit????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Looking to ride in Wallace, Idaho