Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

First stop at St. Joe in MO......

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First stop at St. Joe in MO......

I bought my 05 Raptor from Procycle. Yeah, they try to tack on $500 BS fees but you can get out of most of it.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Even if you had to pay all of their BS fees, its still a lot less than you will pay in the St.Louis area.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I bought my 06 a few weeks ago from Holzhauser over in Nashville ILL. They will match Procycles prices.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My salesman was Roger Graham (cool guy), he told me not to tell anyone that I paid $6500 OTD for my 700R.............so I won't [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

O38, so you got out of the $500 in fees then? Did you call them and demand their bottom & final price before going? Yeah, although I have never bought an atv, only a waverunner, I do think there isn't a whole lot of places to choose from here around the metro St. Louis area. I will keep Procycle in mind but I will be doing what I mentioned in an earlier post...

Old 09-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Stocks, I did have to pay $200 in BS fees but when you look at the full price ($5200 otd) for a brand new 05 Raptor 660 earlier this spring, I was more than glad to pay.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Stocks,
We are pretty much neighbors.... I live on the otherside of Vogel and outer rd.
Behind Home Depot .

There's another good place to ride also....It's called Sutton's Bluff...It's in Centerville MO.
Down Hwy. 21 About 15-20 mins past Johnson Shut-ins
Its a great place to trail ride....Several miles in trails.
Then you can ride the county roads for 10 bucks a year.....Its awsome...

Old 09-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Ozark, yeah I agree, call them fees or whatever...as long as the price is the best then I am happy. The only thing that I disagree with my own statement is being mislead with a rock bottom OTD price and then going to pick it up after a long drive AND THEN have the salesperson try to tack on #$%&....that is where I would have a problem. Other than that then call this $100 whatever you want and this $200 whatever you want as long as the price is still good when it all adds up and you, as the dealer, STICK TO IT.

Matt, yep, we are practically neighbors....small world. I was up at blockbuster the other day and saw an older tanish p/u right out in front with a black 450r in it.....it looked sweet!...that isn't a buddy of yours is it? So who did you buy your Suzuki from at West County Power Sports? I only know 2 of the names in there but I really don't think I would buy there.....just a gut feeling. I will say though that last time I was in there the owner (I think?) was talking to me for awhile and he seemed to be a nice guy and not to pushy. I think he was the owner...about 30, maybe.....kind of short, couple piercings....it was funny because I went in and starting asking about the green KQ in the corner after looking at it by myself and he CLEARLY did not want to sell it......he wanted to sell a Kaw or a Pol.....made me wonder why.....but that's not the reason I think they are shady....I have seen high turnover there (actually that whole plaza) and it seems to be run by kids....just kind of get the sense that the place could literally close tomorrow.....

I'm originally from Fenton but really like where we live! Close to the interstate and everything is right here! I will have to talk to you more as I get closer to the big purchase! Also, not to jump right in or anything but literally the ONE thing that is keeping me from buying here real SOON (besides getting a new job in a few months because mine is heading to CT) is riding buddies! I have 1 buddy that wants one...he just sold a 2 stroke Suz dirtbike he had but doesn't know when he will buy a quad. I have another guy in my subdivision that rides a blaster and I'm not sure how often I could get him out plus that mixed in with a blaster and a sport-ute as riding buddies is better than nothing but not ideal. It never hurts to have a whole list of riding friends a call away.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Matt, and also thanks for the info on another spot to ride! I will def keep this in mind!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-There's another good place to ride also....It's called Sutton's Bluff...It's in Centerville MO.
Down Hwy. 21 About 15-20 mins past Johnson Shut-ins
Its a great place to trail ride....Several miles in trails.
Then you can ride the county roads for 10 bucks a year.....Its awsome...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys where is St. Joe. Sounds close. Sounds like a good place for a good day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Cow Patty, I am assuming you are down 44, past Rolla? St. Joe state park (google MO state parks) from St. Louis is down 55 south 20-25 minutes south of hwy 270 (the hwy that basically does a circle around St. Louis). Then you take hwy 67 to the right for 27 miles, get off on 32 and go 4 miles and it is on your left.

From south county (the southern part of St. Louis) it is probably one hour exactly.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Great, Thank you. I live in Sullivan. Been down 67 many times, will have to go there. C ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

stocks i just talked to chesterfield valley powersports they will meet any procycle price just talk to paul and tell him i sent you they will take care of you

thanks mike

Quick Reply: First stop at St. Joe in MO......