Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

First stop at St. Joe in MO......

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First stop at St. Joe in MO......

400CatDriver,
Thanks for the info, my mother & father in law live in Lebanon, right past O'fallon, and we used to live in Belleville....I know O'fallon a little but not enough to know Elli's Cycles. I unfortunately most likely won't even end up on a test drive of one of the new Bomb 800's based off price alone and as of right now I am not considering an AC. I really want something a little lighter, speedier, but still is a beefy quad. I have been up to Bass Pro and looked at their AC's....I have a buddy that wants a 400 (I think) up there, dark green, late year '05 and I think it is low to mid 4's before any negotiating. THANK YOU for your help!

StewBing,
Thank you as well! I will call Paul as time gets a little closer... I did call up there this week and the salesperson I spoke to played dumb when I asked about the reverse problem on the '05 KQ's. Although they shouldn't do it, I unfortunately don't expect anything different from 90% of the dealer's out there. He said that their inventory moves so quickly that no quad is there more than 2-3 months max....I take that with a grain of salt. I appreciate the name to call...they have a nice shop over there. We'll see if Procycle would actually give a written quote for them to match.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

We are taking a weekend trip to Suttons Sept 29-Oct 2. I bought two Kawi's from West County powersports and they were very good to deal with. They do move a lot of bikes through there. They are also a Bombardier dealer too. You might want to check out the brute force 650. For the price it is a great bike that has plenty of power and handles really well. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the King Quad as well.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

PROCYCLE SUCKS. USE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH A BUNCH OF SNAKES.
THEY WILL GIVE YOU A PRICE OVER THE PHONE AND TELL YOU OUT THE DOOR WHEN YOU GET THERE THEY WILL HAVE ONE WITH ALL THIS JUNK ON IT FOR THIS MUCH EXTRA AND WILL NOT SELL YOU THE BIKE WITHOUT IT, WONT TAKE IT OFF, WILL NOT SELL IT TO YOU FOR WHAT THEY TOLD YOU ON THE PHONE. EXPERIENCE SPEAKING. AVOID THEM IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

BACK TO YOU BIKE SELECTIONS, YOU SHOULD REALLY LOOK INTO THE GRIZZLY IF YOU ARE WANTING A 4X4, OR THE V-FORCE IS A REALLY GOOD OPTION FOR A SPORTY AUTOMATIC. GOOD LUCK IN CHOOSING. HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT THERE SOON!!!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Abernathy's sells about 800 bikes a month. That is moving a lot of bikes. No BS down there, take it or leave it. I love that about them. Same price for you and me, no bickering etc, I respect that.