Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Thanks 420. My boss lives in Mt Airy and he is going to get a Raptor. I will tell him of the places you named and we are going to check it out. I keep hearing that Tower City trails are pretty advanced. Is this true? the reason I ask is I want to take my 7 year old son to actually get out and enjoy some nature but I dont want him to be so challenged that it isnt fun. any good trails just to cruise thru the woods and enjoy the scenery?

Old 01-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

There are parts of Tower City that are rocky and extreme, but they also have a kids area and alot of trails that were woodsy and not so rocky and alot of fun places to play in the coal dust. My first real ATVing trip was there and I did fine. I think your son will be fine. I got a trail map when I was there I will look around my office and if I can find it I will scan it and email it to you.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

hey megan can u shoot me a map too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i wamma head up there myself in march maybe

Old 01-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

its about time someone else from carroll county showed up, i thought i was the only one

Old 01-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

megan, that would be great if you could do that. we are goingto try and go somewhere next weekend. going thursday to Romney cycles in W Va to get my Raptor 700 and my sons Raptor 50. I am actually going with two guys from work and we are picking up 3 raptor 700's. I couldnt beleive how much cheaper they were than some local places.

LOVIN- we will have to get together and do some riding here soon. this thread is great.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

yea bikes are sooo cheap there, i almost went there for my trail boss, but i talked the polaris dealer here down, to only a 150 dollar differance, so i got it here and saved 8 total hours of driving [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 01-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone who wants me to email them a Tower City trail map please send me a PM w/ your email address and I will find it and get it to you.
Those of you who ride at the Pitts and know how to get to the tracks from the trails across the street would you please PM me w/ directions? I would like to check that terrain out. Also are there any special trails to take that are better than others that you know of?

420Pimp,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. It seems like everyone is getting sick right now.

Old 01-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

i am going to work the dealer here a bit and see what they will do. also found a big place in hanover that i may be able to contact. my big thing is if I can get away without paying sales tax i am going to do it. the state gets enough of my money as it is.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Yea Alot of really young kids were at tower city when i went last year. I remember a little kid was holding up everyone on a trail and we had to wait till she/he got all the way back to camp. Tower city is perfect for kids. Theres a straight away thats as wide as route 40 and it go's many miles. The only thing you should be worried about is other people crashing into your kid. I no thats what i would worry about if i had a kid. But just keep your little one close and you should be fine.
And tell your boss to get off on the libertytown exit just after mt.airy heading towards frederick. Turn left after you exit and theres a park n ride about 1/4 mile down. You cant miss it. You can unload here. Theres trails that goes around the fence in the farthest corner of the park n ride. Go up the hill. Ride around till you see a big water tower. Go around the tower, cut threw the feild, and on the outskirts off the feild there is the traintracks. You can explore from here, but be carefull cause at some points in the tracks the dirt is erowded and if going fast enough you could lose control of your quad. So be cautios and drive like you have some sense. The black trails are a few miles up the tracks heading towards mt.airy. You'll go threw a bridge and then a tunnel. Then if you just keep riding and watch to your left you should find some trails that go down hill off of the tracks. If the dirt is black you know you found it. Have fun. Be careful.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

Here's a link with pics of my West Virginia trip. The pictures are ok, but, nothing like being there.

http://www.flipdrive.com/photoalbum....8e6cdaaf991370

bpipes

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland