Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Old 11-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Tower city is fun to ride on a damp day. If you go on a dry day the dust kills you.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Where is it located?
-Megan

Old 11-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Duh...... I just realized you said Tower City not Tower Hill. Sorry. Yes I think it would have been fun to ride on a damp day as well. That coal dust sucks! Have you been to Paragon? If so how does it compare?

Old 11-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

I've only been to Tower hill (local name) once, but, I know it's in Northeast and I think Shady Beach Rd. is close so were probably talking about the same place. I remember a shoot range and a small track close to a road. It looks like the track is where some type of water run off was in the past. I like the riding, but, didn't appreciate riding 2 miles on the road to get there.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

Megan;
How long did it take to get to Tower City from Elkton?

thx, bpipes

Old 11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

2 1/2 hours. It was not too bad of a ride. I did mapquest and it had us take back roads 896, to 10, to 41, then on 30, to 283, to 72, to 81, to 209 to Tower City. Estimated time on mapquest was 2 hours and 24 minutes and that is about what it took us. Well worth the trip!!!! I wish I would have taken more pics. I had my camera but I was too busy riding to take pictures. I think this Sunday we are going to try Paragon. Mapquest says it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Elkton as well. I thought it was farther than that. I wish I could talk to someone who has done both and give me a comparison. You can get a trail map for Paragon on the internet so that is good. The only thing that scares me is the fact that they let 4 wheel drive vehicles like Hummers, etc... on the same trails. I do not want to get into an accident period let alone w/ a SUV. I will definetly be getting a membership to Tower City in the spring. I would get one now if they would pro rate it. I need to become friends w/ a member so I can get a day pass w/ them. lol.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer

Megan; I talked to a guy that went to Paragon he was on the trails with a jeep. According to him Paragon has some very difficult trails and you would be better off with your utility quad. Let me know how things go, have a fun & safe trip. bpipes

Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

I do not have a utility quad. I have a 06 Honda Trx250ex. Jeff my fiance has a06 Kawasaki 650 Brute Force 4x4. One of the other guys going has a Kawasaki 05 360 Prarie 4x4 and the other guy has a Suzuki 400 or 450 sport. I was able to download a trail map off of there web site and I do see that some of the trails are super rocky and quite extreme. According to the trail map most of the trails are green (stock trails) some blue (moderate trails) then a few black (heavily modified trails) and a few red (extremely modified trails w/ a guide only). I plan on sticking to the green and blue trails? They have a forum on the Paragon web site I will get on it and tell them what bike I have and what they think. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

Megan;
Did you make it to Paragon? If so what's it like?

thx,
Bill

Old 11-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bpipes,
We did not make it to Paragon because I saw on the Speedballs website that they were having a family ride Sunday. They are an ATV club and most of there rides are for experienced riders only. So I figured we had to take advantage of that. I sure am glad that we did. We liked riding w/ them so much on Sunday we joined the club. They are the nicest most down to earth people. I even had a girl to ride with lol and she was teaching me how to jump hills. We rode around that same Tower City/Paragon area though. We rode for 7 hours and it was soooo much better than Tower City and I loved that. I have pics that I added to my profile. They also have a website http://speedyracer0.tripod.com/id33.html and you can view some of the pics from our ride there too. Speedy is still working on the newsletter but some of the pics are up already. Anyway I will be at every family ride they do!!!! Such a great bunch of people we had 10 riders in all. I even had my first accident. Not sure what happened I was flying along and instead of making the turn I ended up in the trees (luckily they were baby trees) I knocked the wind out of myslef real good but besides a few minor bruises I am fine. Bought a chest protector yesterday and you better believe I will be wearing that baby from now on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland