Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Thank You for the info. Do you mean the rail road tracks in North East? I have been on them. The trails I have done so far off of them are fun. We went this evening though and a white truck was on them and he told one of the guys in our group that a cop was sitting up on the tracks a little bit farther waiting to bust people. Now I am scared to ride there. What happens if you get caught?
-Megan

Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

If Trespassing signs are posted the police can give you a $500.00 fine on the spot! If Trespassing signs are not clearly posted where you are caught riding then the police will probably give you a warning. The thing to do is tread lightly around homes and stay off of the farmers crops.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

We are going to go up to Tower City tomorrow. Which is better Tower City or Paragon? Does any one know how to get a trail map of Tower City online. I was hoping to see one before we got up there.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

What's Tower City like? I here it's tough on your atv because so rocky?

Thanks

Old 11-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

It was AWESOME!!! There are parts that were very rocky and were hard. There were also alot of trails that were not that rocky and alot of neat hills out of coal. Some pretty neat hills to go up and down and some very good riding. They also have a stretch w/ no rocks that is pretty wide and you can race on it. They also have some pretty wicked places for experts that we stayed away from. We rode for 6 1/2 hours and loved every minute of it. I am sooooo sore today. lol. We are definetly going to get a membership in the spring. They will let you ride there once for $35.00 to see if you like it. A membership is $250 single or $300 for a family. The only thing that stinks is they do not pro rate the membership it is from March 31-April 1st. So we have to waite to get our membership. If any one has a membership you can bring guests w/ you and they pay $30 for the day. If anyone out there does have a membership and is going up my fiance and I would love to be your guest for the day!!!! I would like to try Paragon next. Has anyone been to both and can compare?

Old 11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

Buka;
I'm from Cecil County we ride at a place the locals call Tower Hill. However, we just found out that a developer bought the land. A few of us would be interested in checking out where you ride in new freedom. Could you send me an email and discuss?

Old 11-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll take a trip up to Tower City for $35.00 before I purchase a membership.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

Bill,
Is Tower Hill the same as Sandy Beach Gravel Pit in North East?

Thanks,
Craig

Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: 660Yamaha
Bill,
Is Tower Hill the same as Sandy Beach Gravel Pit in North East?

I meant Shady Beach Gravel Pit

Old 11-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

BPipes,
You should definetly get up to Tower City you will love it! Be prepared to be very dirty when you leave. That coal dust goes everywhere. Unfortunately they do not have bath houses. We did bring a change of clothes but I had to go and wash my hands and face at the nearest fast food restaurant. Next time I will bring plenty of soap and water w/ me for afterwards (wet naps would be nice). I too am wondering where is Tower Hill located?
-Megan

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland