Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Megan;
The trails aren't that great at Tower Hill but there is more open riding (a little track down by the gate at Shady Beach) and a few hills. IF my Wife goes I"ll ride sport and she will ride the utility she still hasn't bought her own ;-)

How does Frackville riding compare to Tower City?

thx,
bpipes

Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

never been to frackville but ive heard that frackville is more for a utility rider

Old 04-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

I have plans to ride Dual Sports Sunday. Was planning to ride some at Tower Hill. I'll either be on my Dual Sport, or if the plans fall through for that I'll bring my Raptor. Let me know what time you all will be out there, & I'll be there too.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Meg, I don't know if the chatter box will work with the Collett? I thought the Chatter box was more for street bikes and not as durable? I mostly have been riding Saturdays sometimes with the gang and other times leave out of another area. For me it really depends on the weather and with summer coming up that's even more so! I don't wanna be in a large group if its dry and dusty. I'm going to be doing a lot of trail riding this year being my racing has been kind of cut short because of health reasons. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Reading Anthracite Coal Company is selling permits to ride on there Coal land, I really think the Frackville area is going to change. They own land from down towards Tower City to up pass Hazelton. I hear places like Tower City/Rausch Creek and Paragon are tryin to fight it and tryin to make it look bad? I'm sure it will affect there business. For those of us that have been riding the land for years I don't have a problem payin 100 bucks for a 1 year pass myself (Al those most locals don't share this view) I guess we will just have to see what happens in the next year or so?

The terrain is very mixed up there, so there are areas that maybe better suited for utilities? But I rode my 250R for a year just about everywhere up there and had no problems! other then I walked a little slower the next day!~LOL There are definitely more ROCKS then riding parts of Maryland.. For those that wanna bring the wife and do family riding should look up Speedy and join him for a Sunday ride! He enjoys sharing the trails with riders that are new to the area up there and will show you a good time.

~Coop

Old 04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Coop I think there are no more permits left , so if you didn't get one you are SOL. They cut loose 350 but those sold out fast, then they opened it up to 500. But the last I heard those we about gone too. Did you ever get one?

Old 04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

They are going to open it up to 1000 this year, But my guess is they are going to let them go in lots of a few hundred every few months. I'm sure they wanna watch it over time to see how it goes. I talk to one of the coal company guys and they said they are working on maps, organizing it better but its going to take time and they just wanted to get it off the ground. The company makes millions of dollars so there not doing it just for the money, they wanna see it grow like Hatfields and other places.

My guess is an organized ATV group will get with them to pulll it all together in the next year or so? Kind of like Windrock does with Coal Creek?

~Coop

Old 04-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

For the Chatter box they show pics of street bikes, snowmobiles, boats, snowboarder, dirt bike, mountain bike, ice climber, and hiker. I guess that is why Jeff got it. He put his on his helmet, but I have not put mine on yet. I guess we will see how durable it is. He accidentaly got me a full face kit instead of an open face kit so I might now be able to use it right away. I do plan on getting a full face helmet soon. Jeff flipped his ATV at the Pitts w/ a open face helmet on and banged his face up pretty good so since then I'm a little timid riding w/ a open face helmet. I do not want to be walking around w/ a black eye and fat lip. I just don't see spending all that money when I have a perfectly good helmet, but safety does come first and most of you know how I like to flip of fly off my quad. LOL.

Coop & Skooter,
I'm assuming this place is on some of the terrain we currently ride on? How do you go about getting a permit? Do you have one Skooter? Plus how have you been? I have not talked to you in awhile. Hopefully good. I bet you are looking forward to KY?

Yamaha,
I'm thinking around 10am-11am for a start time on Sunday? What are you thinking? We can do earlier.

Bpipes,
Frackeville is alot of fun. I think it is better than T.C and not nearly as crowded. You ride forever and never on the same terrain. It is a good mix of terrain and it is rocky in parts. Although TC is pretty rocky too. There's also alot of coal riding in Frackeville There is a place called the AC/DC coal mines that is fun. I have pics on my profile page. The first few times I rode w/ them I rode sport and I was fine. The only time you would not be able to do sport up there would be when it snows alot. Speedy has both a sport and a utility for riding. You definetly have to make it up there soon.

Well we are gonna take advantage of this nice day and go riding now so I'll chat w/ you guys later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

10am sounds good. I'll be riding my quad & driving a dark red Dodge Ram.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

Based on the weather today I'm probably going to skip riding tomorrow and take care of some todo's so I"m free all next weekend.

bpipes

Old 04-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks to the weather today and Friday Jeff was not able to work and is going to work tomorrow to make up for it. We will not be able to ride tomorrow either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland