Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

I rode here for a long time but have steered clear for several weeks since the weekend the state cops were there. Anyone been there recently? If so did cops or DNR come by? Were there still piles of nails at the trail heads? How about Marley pits or the tracks? Anyone riding? We've been going to West Virginia lately but I miss riding locally.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Range Rover

where in wv?

Old 02-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LOVINMYRAPTOR350
where in wv?

there has been a group of us ridin at the cove,in gore va....we r plannin another trip out there but don't have a date set yet. have you ever been out there?? we r also plannin a trip to tower city as well but thats for later in march...hopin to go to the cove in mid march..

Old 02-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

loosenutz, ive been there 3 or 4 times, last snow we went up it was awesome there were only 4 people there all day!, its suppose to be 50 degrees there this weekend me and a couple other guys are going out! im in westminster md and i was looking forward to hookin up with you guys to go riding at tower city , i have not been there in a couple years (back when it was members only), are you the same guy on the raptor forums that had his quad stolen? i ride with two other 700r guys we should hook up im lovinmyraptor700 on the raptor forum site and we ride all over md va pa and wv, we should all go up this sat i bet its gonna be nice!

Old 02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

Lovinmyraptor: I mentioned West Virginia but it is actually Gore, Va. I was raised not far away and I tend to just say West Va since the state line is so close to the Cove. Loosenuts, myself and a couple others were up on superbowl weekend and rode for two days. We're not to thrilled with all the rocks on the blue trail, but otherwise had a pretty good time.

We're riding again in March if we can get the trip organized. With the snow and ice it should be fun in 4 wheel drive. Then probably the following week or two we'll be going to join Tower City. With you being in Westminister, you're alot closer to the cove than we are. I'm in Cecil county and it's a three hour drive from here. Do you have any local spots in your area that are hassle free? We have one that is pretty nice and great trails, but it's not entirely legal but for the most part the cops do not bother you. It's only 10 minutes from us so if we are asked to leave it's not that big of a deal. PM loosenuts and myself if you have a spot. The cove is a great spot if you have 4 wheel drive but a couple sport riders in our group had problems navigating all the rocks. Loosenuts will be breaking in his new Renegade and I will be close behind on my 4x4 Cat.

There is also a trail just outside of Paw Paw that alot of the locals ride. It runs from Paw Paw to Hancock but again it's a long drive. We're probably going to be spending most of our time at Tower City and you are welcome to hook up with us. I would also like to get down to Hatfield but that is going to have to be at least a 4 day weekend to allow time to enjoy the trails there.

Where are some of the spots that you like the most? PM us.

06 Arctic Cat 500
2500 Warn Winch
60" Eagle Plow

Old 02-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

dont worry im gonna hook up with you guys the next time you go out,there are no legal spots here, its so bad here you have to own atleast 10 acres to ride a quad in your yard, i ride with two guys with raptors and a guy with a 400ex and we ride anywhere, we used to go up to paragon every other weekend before winter hit hard, theres a guy i met on the raptor forum where gonna try to go to the cove on the 3rd or 4th, im waiting to see this renegade in person,

Old 02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

dont worry im gonna hook up with you guys the next time you go out,there are no legal spots here, its so bad here you have to own atleast 10 acres to ride a quad in your yard, i ride with two guys with raptors and a guy with a 400ex and we ride anywhere, we used to go up to paragon every other weekend before winter hit hard, theres a guy i met on the raptor forum where gonna try to go to the cove on the 3rd or 4th, im waiting to see this renegade in person,
whats the guys name on the raptor forum your talkin bout???? i think it is me,i sent you a message the other day and sent you my number.... give me a holler.... i may be interested in ridin with you guys when you go, we r still gonna go the 9-10 and tower city later in the month...

Old 02-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

hey loosenutzzzzzzzzzz, i know who you are, im talkin about VWP525, im gonna go with you guys to tower city on the 9th or 10th but me and a couple guys might go out on the 3rd or 4th

Old 02-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

hey loosenutzzzzzzzzzz, i know who you are, im talkin about VWP525, im gonna go with you guys to tower city on the 9th or 10th but me and a couple guys might go out on the 3rd or 4th
thats cool,we r gonna go to the cove on the 9-10.....we r gonna do tower city later in the month...i spoke to the same guy and also vinnie on the forum,vinnie actually rode with us at a place up in cecil county...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

loosenutzzzzzzzzzzzzz, how far of a drive for you is it to tower city? I will call you before next weekend,

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland