Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

VA Riders - Taskers Gap

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA Riders - Taskers Gap

Anyone planning on going up to Taskers Gap on the weekend of the 8/9th of Oct? I have a 4 day weekend and plan on going up on either the 8th or the 9th and maybe both if the riding isnt too bad.

I've never been, does anyone have any good suggestions of things to bring. Is it really rocky? Are there places to sit and watch? I have my wife and 3 year old with me.

Any suggestions would be good.

Alex

Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Alex,

This is chris we met breifly at Rocky Run trail head Labor Day weekend?? I was looking around on this forum and saw your post and was thinking after I saw you sig. that it sounded like the same guy that had that sweet azz KFX up there checked out the pics and it was.....so yeah man that bike is awesome...We are planning a trip up to Tasker's the next weekend...we will be up there Oct.13th-16th staying at Little Fort Campground. Little information on Tasker's Gap: The Tasker's gap side of the trail system is very rocky probably worse than rocky run...although with all those skid plates you have under that bike I'm sure you will be fine...From the parking lot at tasker's if you cross the street on your quad that's the Peter's Mill Run section of the trail that's basically a road that takes you from the parking area all the way over to Little Fort campground that's where we will be staying it's about 8 miles over there and will be all kinds of fun on that KFX!! Try and beat my time: From the camping ground to the parking lot (8 miles) 15min!....If you try and run that fast be sure to do it early in the mourning or later in the evening so that away it's more safe and there's not a lot of people on the trail! There are a lot of fun trails there and none that I think you will have any problem with on the KFX I rode my 450R there last fall and it did pretty well just tore the plastic swing-arm skid all up! There generally is a lot of sport quads you see up there. The Peter's mill run trail would be a great trail to take your wife and child on it's really easy. Aight man we I hope this helped out have fun up there it's a shame you couldn't go up there the following weekend!

Chris

Old 10-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

I was up at rocky run last weekend...the riding up there is great...been to taskers once as well and i will be back there either the weekend u are up there or the next one after that...look for 4 jacked up grizzlys runnin outlaws..thats me and my friends from Xtreme Powersports in Kilmarnock VA....also lookin to get out to Hatfield-Mccoy either late Oct or Nov....anyways sorry to ramble but I hope I see you up there...BTW yes there are ALOT of rocks...ALOT...lol

Old 10-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hey thanks for the input on the trail chris! This next weekend is really the only time I will have to go as I have to work the weekend after, but I hope to see you out on the trails again. We had a flat tire up the side of Rocky Run and the day had been going so bad for us, we decided not to stay long. We really just wanted to see what it was like and how rocky it was. I'm not a fan of rocks, but I guess you have to live with it in VA or pay $$$ to ride on private land. The bike didn't have the brakes fully bled yet and it was still jetted pretty lean, so I didnt want to run it too hard. I think I finally have it about right, but am going to tune it more today as I have the day off, before we head down this weekend.

BTW, your 450R is freakin Awsome!!! I love those things!

I have also thought about getting into some racing, although I need ALOT of practice first as I havent ridden hard in quite a while. The bike is built for MX and should probably be used to its full potential. Any advise on the track?

Thanks again

Alex

Old 10-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

No problem alex hope you guys have a great time! I raced a few District 13 races this year but the track I race at the most is Virginia sports park. This track is really cool cause it's set up like a Arena Cross grandstands on both sides very nice for those watching cause you can see the whole track. The track itself is awesome....and very forgiving a great place to brush up on your mx skills. They have 3 doubles and two triples...one of the triples is very small lol no more than a normal tabletop actually but the other (show stopper) is 95ft from take off to landing....only seen 3 quads hit it in the past 4 years I've raced there. But yeah it's down near tappahanick* VA. on Rt. 360. There racing season is just about over though the last race this year is Oct. 15-16. Also you might want to check out the district 13 website they have all there tracks listed...pretty much all of there tracks are really nice on quads. My favorite two D-13 tracks at VMP, and South Fork! both are very 4 wheeler friendly! Good luck...oh yeah thanks for the compliment on my 450!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

shoot sorry man here are the websites:

www.virginiasportspark.com
www.d13mx.com
www.atvpathfinder.com

Old 10-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I didnt get a chance to go up there because of all the rain, and this weekend I have to go to a birthday party. I have the 21st off, anyone want to make a trip. My wife works nights now, so I cant make it on the weekends most likely. Let me know guys!!