Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

summit pit Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default summit pit Minnesota

I'm going to try and be there Saturday afternoon unless it's raining.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good. Maybe see you guys out there!

Old 11-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Good to meet your acquaintance out at the pit today, Chris. I'm tempted to make it over to the pit again next weekend if the weather stays decent, even though my brain tells me that I probably shouldn't test fate again. Heheh.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

MINNESOTA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

By the way, Chris:

http://kliers.net/atv/MOV00154.MPG

Here's a video of when the Scrammy really has the hammer down. Thanks Rick Ritter!

Old 11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

That's one hell of a moto you ran in that video. Your the only one I know that runs a Scrambler wound flat out. It was nice to finally meet up with you down at the pit. I'm up for another ride this weekend. If the weather holds out my brother and I will probably be at the pit around 2:00 on Saturday.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Chris,

I was out at Tri-County on Friday, and Mr. Trahan himself, the owner of the pit, was down there with the bulldozer. Adam and I talked to him, and the future expansion of the pit IS INDEED going to be on the other side of the big sand hill near the row of hill climbs. Ray said there is some delay on the DNR's side, but the plan is to have the new area open by next summer.

Oh, by the way, we talked him into removing SOME of the rocks. Ray said that some rocks will need to be there to prevent erosion I guess. We do have one nice path near the two small jumps that is rock free now!

Did you brave the elements and head out to the pit on Saturday?

Tri-County Pics from Friday (Including proof the bulldozer gets used, haha)

Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

My brother and I went Saturday afternoon. Somehow we missed all the rain. We had a good ride. I like the sand when it is a little bit wet plus there was no dust. I was surprised how many people there. I was planning on going next weekend but it looks like it's going to snow. I guess I will have to wait for the lakes to freeze until I can go riding again. Did your wheel bearing hold out on your Scrambler?

Old 11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

I had it for a short run out at my parents house on Saturday, and I think i discovered it's mostly the ball joint on that right side. It's not good. There must be a half inch of play when you rock the tire forward and backward. Looks like it couldn't have happened at a better time tough ... this snow looks like it could do away with most fast pit riding for the year.

Before next spring, I'll get everything back together, and will probably be heading out to the pit again in April. If this is a big snow year, I just might have to buy a newer sled and play with that for a while... heheh

Old 11-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Are you thinking about getting a new Polaris ATV? I sure like the look of the new Outlaw. What kind of sled do you have?

Quick Reply: summit pit Minnesota