Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

summit pit Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default summit pit Minnesota

Has any Minnesota riders heard of Summit pit? I think it is some were around Owatonna, has anyone been there?

Old 10-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

Yup, but I know it's private property. One of the guys on this board (BlackRaptor) had talked to the owner and got permission, so we have been out there a few times. It's a pretty good time, but without BlackRaptor being around (the guy with permission), I don't feel too comfortable venturing down there by myself. There are a few pics in my Photo Page from there...

Old 10-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

Klier,
I took a look at the pictures you have of the Summit pit. That place looks like a lot of fun. I was reading your recap of the summer on your blog and I'm really surprised I never ran into you at the Tri-County Pit. I was down there every other weekend this summer. I'm still hoping to get down there one more time this year. I have yet to find someone that can tell me where they are going to expand the pit. Do you know where they are planning to expand?

Old 10-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

I always seem to be at Tri-County at about 10 in the morning (later now that it's getting colder), and I'm usually there until at least 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Maybe you are getting out there just a little later than I am.

I'll be out at Tri-County again this Saturday, probably at about 11 a.m. There is a small little dirt bike area just down the road, and a friend of mine with a YZ250 will be riding over there at about 2 p.m. Sounds like the weather is going to be great again!

We're always looking for more people to ride with down in this area. We'll have to meet up sometime at Tri-County. As soon as Mr. Chad (BlackRaptor) gets up enough ***** to get his dirt bike out again (Do you hear me, Chad?), hopefully we'll be making trips to Summit again in the future...

I have not been able to reach Ray Trahan, the contact person for Tri-County, but you can try to call him at 507-332-8901. I would be interested to know what the timeline for expansion is on the pit myself.

Also, the latest I've heard is that great things are about to happen over at Bauer's Pit! I have been in contact every week with a group that is looking at purchasing Roy's property, and it looks like there is a green light. More on that as things get formalized. With some luck and a lot of hard work, we could be riding at Bauer's again next summer...

Old 10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

My brother and I typically don't get down to the pit until about 2:00, that's probably why I never run into you down there. I would like to go riding with you guys from the connection some time. It's great to hear that something might be happening at Bauers pit. I talked to him back in September and he was saying that the county was really giving him a hard time about letting people ride in the pit again. It would be a tragedy to loose Bauers pit as a riding area. Keep us posted on what is going on.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

at least Tri-County doesn't shut down on Nov. 1 like most of the other trails. Getting tired of watching the DS sit in the shed. I gotta get that steering stem fixed, replace the clutch plates, and throw some new tires on there.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Chris,

Did you ever get a hold of Trahan? If not, I can try to place a call out there sometime maybe on Friday.

There was quite a crowd at the pit on Saturday last week. Dave with the modified Banshee and his son Joe with the Raptor 660 were out there. Several other utility quads came and went. I stayed for about 6 hours, and now my back is paying for it so far this week...

Old 11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer

I wanted to go down to the Tri-County Pit so bad on Saturday. I new there would be a lot of people there with such nice weather. Unfortunately I ended up going to a Halloween party that one of my wife’s relatives put on. The party was a lot of fun but I still would have rather been riding. I sure hope the Trahan's are able to get the pit expanded by next summer. I wish I new what there plans were because I would be happy to give them a hand getting the new area ready.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

Klier,
Are you going to go riding at the Tri-County Pit this weekend?

Old 11-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I sure hope to be out there this weekend. I'm thinking probably Saturday early afternoon. My back has been sore since riding last Saturday, so I'm trying to nurse that back into shape. Are you thinking about being out there? I might be able to pull Adam (he's on the board I think) from Owatonna to come on over with his Raptor 660.

Let me know...

Quick Reply: summit pit Minnesota