Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massachusetts riding

I think Balance Rock State Park is the same place as Pittsfield State Forest. When I was ending my ride, I passed the 'Balance Rock.' Very cool rock formation!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

i wish i could find a map of some sort for trails over there because i live not more than 20 minutes from there and also, near balance rock, (5 minutes) is a place i mentioned before, called the taconic crest trails

Old 04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tymann09
i wish i could find a map of some sort for trails over there because i live not more than 20 minutes from there and also, near balance rock, (5 minutes) is a place i mentioned before, called the taconic crest trails

Here is link to map....
Map of Pittsfield State Forest Trails

Google[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] does wonders...

Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Tyme
Bourne:

I live 10 minutes from the base. If you get any more info please post it! I would ride there every weekend! PM me if you want to get together and ride some time.
Hey, Tyme good to see you still posing here, I'm still trying to get some info and I will let you guys know what the word is once I find out. Yeah we should go for a ride some time, if you don't mind riding with a high school kid.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

I will ride with anyone...just about anywhere!! Live to Ride, Ride to Live!
The Rappy gets a new rear break rotor (Wave design), new break pads and an oil change tomorrow. After that, i should be ready for the season. I may take it over to the track in wareham and try and dial in the rear suspension...which is long over due.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the map....i never thought to check google haha

Old 04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

The Rappy gets a new rear break rotor (Wave design), new break pads and an oil change tomorrow. After that, i should be ready for the season. I may take it over to the track in wareham and try and dial in the rear suspension...which is long over due.
Nice man my buddies ride there panzy dirt bikes over there all the time, the Shee is hopefully getting a new top end and new brakes all the way around.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BourneTrailBlazer250
Nice man my buddies ride there panzy dirt bikes over there all the time, the Shee is hopefully getting a new top end and new brakes all the way around.
Panzy dirtbikes? Come now.. don't be hatin Dirtbikes.. they are off-road riders just like us...

Old 04-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Range Rover

MA,CT,NY Riders

We should set up a ride for sometime this summer at Pittsfield State Forest... I was thinking on a Saturday leave early morning and ride till whenever.. I know my brother and a couple of our friends would go. It would be cool to meet some of you guys/gals so we could plan for future rides too.. I've only rode there a couple of times, so I'm not real familar with it.

Use this thread to plan it .. Any other ideas??

Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scott3710
MA,CT,NY Riders

We should set up a ride for sometime this summer at Pittsfield State Forest... I was thinking on a Saturday leave early morning and ride till whenever.. I know my brother and a couple of our friends would go. It would be cool to meet some of you guys/gals so we could plan for future rides too.. I've only rode there a couple of times, so I'm not real familar with it.

Use this thread to plan it .. Any other ideas??
Scott, I won't be there.. sorry.. Pittsfield is too far... for one.. and two.. I would need to register my quad in this tax hungry state... and that isn't going to happen... No until they start doing something useful for me... There is talk in the news that they are closing even more parks to ATV's /Dirtbikes in Eastern mass (where I live). So Sorry Tax-A-Ch-shiits.. you aren't getting my $40 for 2 year registration (which is actually a deal) nor are you getting the $300 in sales tax money for a vehicle I didn't even purchase in your state.. As far as pittsfield forest goes.. it is mediocre at best... the place gets quite crowded on weekends and the trails are VERY POORLY MARKED.

Quick Reply: Massachusetts riding