Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fort Dodge IA. is it open now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Dodge IA. is it open now?

Haven't heard anything about fort dodge for awhile now, last I heard it was opening in late october early november. Does anyone have any new info. Cant wait to make my first trip there.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

Its not open yet. Was suposed to open oct 1 but that dident happen. Last i heard was Sometime late this year or early next. I am guessing you are in either Sioux Falls or the Yankton area if You are considering FD for a riding area. I live just west of Sheldon. Is there anywhere to ride in your area? All we have around here is a small pit over by Hudson SD. I will be trying to find out more info on Fort Dodge soon. I have a contact in the local ATV club down there that is largly responsable for the creation of the park. When I know more I will post it here.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

I live northwest of sioux falls about 20 mi. We dont really have any place to ride here except for the sioux valley cycle club which is about 160 acres of pasture with a moto track. Lately I have been going down to Headworks in nebraska, which has some ok sand but I would rather ride trails in the woods.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: honda350xr
I live northwest of sioux falls about 20 mi. We dont really have any place to ride here except for the sioux valley cycle club which is about 160 acres of pasture with a moto track. Lately I have been going down to Headworks in nebraska, which has some ok sand but I would rather ride trails in the woods.
Were you at headworks last sunday? I talked to some guys from around sioux falls that day.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: crazypainter
Were you at headworks last sunday? I talked to some guys from around sioux falls that day.
Sorry wasnt me. But I hope to go there again before x-mas if the weather holds up. Have you ever rode the area by Council Bluffs, I was wondering if it was worth the trouble of registering my quad in Iowa to ride there, or if there was any place between here and Fort Dodge that would be a good place to ride.

Old 11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

The place in CB is marginal at best. Its got qite a few trails, but they're pretty rutted from the utes that ride when its muddy. I think the registration of out of state bikes is easy and inexpensive and the money goes for the trail systems and parks, like fort dodge.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

I dont really have a problem with the fees, its just that I have to drive to that county courthouse on a weekday, not to easy to do since I work 6-4 M-F. I tried to get them to do it by mail but that was a no go. If Fort Dodge opens some day I will definitly register my quad even if I have to take time off of work.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I dont really have a problem with the fees, its just that I have to drive to that county courthouse on a weekday, not to easy to do since I work 6-4 M-F. I tried to get them to do it by mail but that was a no go. If Fort Dodge opens some day I will definitly register my quad even if I have to take time off of work.
In IA all you do is go to a sporting goods store and they can sell you the out of state registration. All you need is your VIN, make sure its accurate cause the DNR will check it if they're out.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

I didnt know I could get it from some where besides the courthouse, the lady I talked to on the phone failed to mention that.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

I think you can get them at Wal-mart, or there's a sporting goods store just down the street from the park.

Quick Reply: Fort Dodge IA. is it open now?