Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

looking for maine riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for maine riders

I live in maine (south), and I was wondering if anyone on here was around this area, that is intrested in riding.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea touchguy up in central maine here

Old 02-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

HEY
ESCAVADER from western Maine here.I ride in a 30 mile loop around the RANGELY area. all different kinds of trails from dirt roads to severe offroading.Very scenic,and far back in places.We are snowmobiling this time of year[well trying] atv trails open Memorial weekend if it aint too muddy.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Southern Maine here, fortunatly for me my good friend owns 180 total acres of land that we can ride all year round. But other than that we get shut down from like april to may, useally. We should get a ride together come summer or something.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

IT sounds like a plan,iTS a family sport for me,the wife is a hardcore rider,can go any where i can go.I also take my girls,They ride with us,and love it,practically born on a 4 wheelers.They walk when it gets scarey..safety first. My only thing i dont like is someone drinking while we are riding,it puts everyone in danger. I like to look around when im riding,i dont need to be full throttle all the time,mabey occasionally though.Each driver is responsible for the person behind.thus never going through a crossroad,without making sure the person behind ,knows the way.I hate searching for people.We dont eat pb&j either,im a pack mule,coleman stove fry pans,coffee even spices!! The best meal i have all year is in the back country on the wheelers.We plan our rides on weather conditions .If it aint rained for a few days,i avoid dirt roads.too dusty,this is for trail,mountain riding.I got a remote mountain camp,not too far from RANGELY,Where you are far away,you can tent out there if you want,its on a mountain pond,hope you dont mind moose!We got a large fireplace for bon fires at night,you cant sleep anyway,the loons keep you awake! wE CAN LEAVE FROM BASE CAMP[DESIGNATED TRAIL SYSTEM,OR TRAILER TO a favorite area.I know westerm Maine ,like the back off my hand,from coos canyon in BYRON,to EUSTIS,the CANADIAN border and beyond and all points in between.Hows all that sound.Got a good trailer and tow vehicle?
ALAN

Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good keep me updated, I have a 98 zr2 to tow/haul with I'll be all set. Keep me up to date.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

hay escavader,
this is a really old thread but i hope you get it.
i'm from garland, small town in central maine (45th parrell). i'd love to hook up with you and your family some time.
i have 3 kids myself and we live to ride , every weekand if possible,1800 miles between this year and last. of wich maybe 100 have been sucking dust.
very eager to try some new spots all the mud, hill climbs, and hair raising stuff you got i'll take it.
i'm the president of the HIGH CUT TRAIL MONKEYS atv club, small club this year was our first full year but loving every minute of it. We have about thirty miles of trails now streacing from the RR bed in Dexter through Garland to East Corinth. lots of mud some rocks a fair hill climb and very little dust.
i think we are on the same page when it comes to the sport. no drinking till the machines are shut off for the day, 20mph is pretty fast in the woods if i wonted to go fast i'd go play in the pit or on the RR bed, and to see the expression on the kids faces when they concor a hill climb or mud pit is priceless.
this invite goes out to all ...............YOU SHOW ME YOURS AND I'LL SHOW YOU MINE......................