Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

any maine trails

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any maine trails

im looking to ride in maine but the maine web site says all trails are closed until spring how can this be true maine has to have more trails than are on that map right???

Old 02-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default any maine trails

Hello there...we are from Limington Maine and are riders ourselves. We called a game warden a few weeks ago to make sure that we could ride this winter, and he told us that if the trail is not marked 'closed' o had been gromed snowmobiles, then we were able to ride on them. There is a mud closure for a short while, but they are not closed as of today, 2/12/06.

Where are you from and where else have you ridden in Maine?

Ryan

Old 02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

i am from billerica ma i havent ridden in maine yet i just bought my quad about a month ago i camp alot in roxbury,saco,rumford,peru,mexico me. and so on and i see alot of people using there atvs like there regular vehicles up there in roxbury but im looking for a place to ride in maine thats within a 4 or so hr ride so i can make a day trip out of it but maine only posts a few trails i know theres got to be more and i dont want to take a 4 hr ride to find out it is closed i love maine when i buy another home it will be in maine i love going moose watching probably not a big deal for you but im a tourist lol but i want to ride in maine real bad and i dont want to wait till summer for camping season

Old 02-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default any maine trails

I think we are about 3 or so hours from you. We live in Limington, and can easily do 80+ miles a weekend. The trials in Limington and nearby Hollis, Maine are very well marked and fun to ride. There are hills, puddles, bridges, wildlife such as skunks, deer, porcupines, moose...etc. There aren't any trails closed as of now, but I think they may close in the spring when they are really muddy. You can email me at any time before coming to Maine and I'll tell you whether or not the trails are closed. Keep in mind that it is sooooooooooooo cold right now, but still lotsssssssssssss of fun! We did 89 miles last weekend!

Have fun!
Ryan & Missy

Old 02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

i am planning a trip next saturday and really want ot go to maine do you have directions to theses trails that are 80+ miles or an address to the park and ill definately give you a shout before heading up to see if the trails are open and cold is no big deal ill just dress in lairs but maybe we could meet up sometime when i come up there i like riding in big groups thanks alot for your time youve been extremely helpful i cant wait to atv in maine

Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default any maine trails

MAINE has a new permission law ,that they enforce to the t. You have to have land owners permission to ride,thats each landowner you drive on.You have to have written permission to ride on croplands orchards,etc.stiff fines for offenders.however
If a trail has them atv signs,in which clubs set up,you can ride on them[,the club has land owners permission]when the club has the trail open.Most clubs close ,in my area over the winter,open after mudseason,close after hunting season etc.It is against the law to ride on a closed trail,you can recieve a stiff fine,pay dbl the damages.
It is against the law here to ride on a snowmobile trail,unless your quad has tracks,and is licenced as a snowmobile.I heard of several people getting summonsed recently for doing this,even though there is hardly any snow yet for us to ride our sleds.
governor baldaccis commision got these laws in,cause boneheads were out tearing stuff up,now we all got to pay for it.Be sure you know what your doin for you try to ride here,mr warden,and mr policemen strictly enforce these laws now,all its gonna take is one busy body see a 4 wheeler in the winter time and their gonna rat on you.
We have a great trail system in the summer,id personally reccomend the RANGELY,EUSTIS area,trails open MEMORIAL weekend,bring your sled for now.dont shoot the messanger,id like to go too
ESCAVADER

Old 02-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

so what your telling me is the best bet for me would be to call the parks dept. in maine before riding anywhere.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default any maine trails

ID call MAINE FISH AND GAME and see what they say,they might tell you a place you can ride now.I bet if you tryed to find their website,you could find all these laws too,in a nut shell.
ESCAVADER

Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

I live just east of Ellsworth, we have many miles of legal trails to ride year round. The summer moths offer the most trails, some do close in the spring for mud and for snow in the winter. This winter none have been closed yet. The best time to come is the fall when the ground gets alittle wetter and the dust isn't so bad. We can easily ride 100 miles most any weekend through out the year. I have a trail map and can help get you in the right direction if needed. Trails range from ledge covered mountains, muddy trails, to dirt roads.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

thats sounds awesome give whatver info you can i appreciate it greatly

Quick Reply: any maine trails