Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

any maine trails

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any maine trails

I have been reading the info posted and if you could please send me an email more about these trails it would be greatly appreciated,it's always nice to hear about certain trails and areas to ride from people who have ridden them. I try to give a heads-up to other riders on areas that I have visited.
I haven't been riding in Maine in about 3 years,I used to go near Sanford with another riding buddy but I hear that area has become developed.
My brother-in-law recently moved near Machias,but that is about an 8 hr drive for me,he said there are miles and miles of trails for atv's...as long as the atv is registered .

Old 03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

The trails by my house (midcoast area) are marked as closed until after mud season. there are people who still ride them and other trails that are not marked ATV trails, however I myself won't chance it. The fines are too big now.
I have a camp in Osbourne which is near Calais area and the neighbors there all have quads and ride them all spring. They said the trails there are not closed for mud season because it is mostly hard base trails. Some mud areas, but not like it is in most of the state. I am trailering all mine up there for the next few months so i can keep riding. Your best bet is the ATVmaine web site, then the local club links. Either e-mail or call and most are easy to get that type of info from. Midcoast ATV club has been getting requests from all over we send our club ride calendar out to anyone interested once it is finalized.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Range Rover
Default any maine trails

What is the cost of registering an atv in Maine? My atv is already registered in New Hampshire and Mass.
Does Maine recognize other state registrations or do I have to register it there as well?

Any info would be appreciated......thanks.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default any maine trails

We were just discussing that at our club. Maine residents is currently $34 July through July. Non-residents are $69 and can be done on line at https://www10.informe.org/ifw/atv-snow/
They are trying to pass something the next legislation that puts the resident registration down to $30 if you are a member of an ATV club in good standings with ATV MAINE club. If you are a resident and not a membor of a club it will be the same as a non-resident. This is to help support the trail maintenance since the clubs pay to keep the trails in good condition.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default any maine trails

im prettt sure you have to regitor your 4 wheeler here inmaine if you want to ride. and most of the trails in central maine are closed during mud season and reopen when they dry out. if people keep on riding them like on private property then thier chancing on the land owners getting mad and closing them all together. calais area is a sand base so it doesnt mud up as much and dries out faster (lucky dogs) then around this area.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default any maine trails

When I go up to Maine, I usually ride around sullivan (I think) which has miles of trails and nobody bothers me and my buddy who has a house around there. We find little sand pits out there some times which are a lot of fun! I love riding in Maine.