Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wisconsin Trails

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin Trails

Where are the best trails in Wisconsin for slow technical riding. We like narrow trails that are rated difficult. I don't see any information that rates that trails in Wisconsin this way. We are planning a trip for mid June and any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Wisconsin Trails

The toughest , muddiest trail i know of is the dead horse run. Make sure you bring winches and tow straps...youll be using them. It isnt exactly a narrow trail, but its very challenging.

For a 25 buck donation to this club, wisconsinatv, theyll send you a very detailed trail book of wisconsin, i have one, and found it was well worth the 25 bucks. It has maps and directions and contact numbers, too.

Old 02-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wisconsin Trails

Thanks for the info. If anyone else has any favorite trails in Wisconsin I would appreciate the info. Thanks,

Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wisconsin Trails

Originally posted by: hondabuster
The toughest , muddiest trail i know of is the dead horse run. Make sure you bring winches and tow straps...youll be using them. It isnt exactly a narrow trail, but its very challenging. For a 25 buck donation to this club, wisconsinatv, theyll send you a very detailed trail book of wisconsin, i have one, and found it was well worth the 25 bucks. It has maps and directions and contact numbers, too.
The bunkhouse retreat is a good place, it is a atv park, it has a mud pit and few tracks.
plus it is connected to the black river falls trails. they only get muddy when it rains, but most of it is sand, the trail is very wide, some spots are narrow..

Old 03-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wisconsin Trails

The group that i road with went up to the north west territories. the was a lot of diferant kinds of trail. So you could ron flat out for a while then you tring to go through a bog. Then you might be cralwing over rocks. We went trough most of that territory in 4 days (around 500 miles). Thats a thought.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wisconsin Trails

Hey Hairball, are you talking the Northwest Territories in Canada?

Also, can you just camp right off the trails in Wisonsin? I was thinking we could cover more trails if we didn't return to the truck every night.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wisconsin Trails

there all kinds of places to camp along the trails in wis., Im pretty sure all the ones I have been on hooked up to camping area of sort somewhere. the trails around black river aren't very technical, but if it rains too much they can be a little tough. Be prepared for whoops if the trails havn't been groomed for a while, some spots get knee deep rollers in them in the summer

Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wisconsin Trails

My Uncle lives about a mile from the Bunkhouse, its right on jackson and clark countys trail system, hes got cabins, camping R.v. hookup etc. Hes got a bar house with tv's pool tables and refridgerators full of beer and pop plus freezers packed with frozen pizza's and its open 24 hours a day and its all on the honor system, but besides being a rockin *** campground for atv'ers right on the state trail, wich are fun for fast solo running, too dusty for group rides, but anyway, the Bunkhouse has about 15 or 20 acres of tore up dirt with a couple bulldozers, bobcats and a backhoe and its just a big playground. Theres a lot of places to camp on the trail, the county parks are charging ten bucks a night per tent now so hes kinda a bargain.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wisconsin Trails

Wolverine,

If you go to www.wisconsinatv.com , that group of people have riden and documented every trail system in Wisconsin. You get a huge book that lists all the fuel, lodging, rest areas, riding types, miles, everything. I think its 25 bucks. I bought one a couple of years ago, and Ive found trails that I dindnt know existed.

Gary

Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wisconsin Trails

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will order the book, it sounds like everything a guy needs to know to ride the area will be in it. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Trails