Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Central Minnesota / MN Riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Minnesota Riding

Hey guys, I did a search and didn't see much for detailed information. I've been to the Mn DNR's website looking for places to ride, and wasn't completely satisfied there either. I just moved to the Twin Cities in January from Iowa, and live on the west side. Just wondering where a good place to spend a weekend with my Raptor is, as my older brother mentioned loading his up and coming up for a weekend. We ride 660 Raptors, and seem to enjoy wooded trails the most. The best being those that are a little technical in places, but also provide the chance to open it up and powerslide till our hearts are content.

Does anyone prefer one place to another? If so, could you explain what makes your place better than others? It'd be nice to stay within 100 miles of the cities, and have a decent motel to crash at.

Thanks for the feedback and detail. I just found a lot of "Easiest" ratings on the trails listed with the DNR website and am afraid i'll be riding the equivalent of gravel roads at some of the places having never been there.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Central Minnesota / MN Riding

This time of year is gonna be tough to find a legal place to ride. Youll need to watch the dnr site for closings. But i think that nemadji is open.
When the weather gets nicer, danbury and black river falls are about the best bet for sporty riding. Danbury is about 100 miles. Nemadji is pretty good too. They all have wide sandy trails, and for the most part, little for mud. Plus in WS, theres always the taverns and gas stations nearby.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

what's going on HB???? hav not been to froums in a while, we going on a spring ride, see hav quards we can get stuck????
And as far as places to ride in MN that R fun GOOD LUCK....I hav never been to nemadji, but hav been to a few others in MN & to compair them to WI trails, MN trails R joke, I mean how fun is it to go in a straight line down some old railroad bed...Their is some old mine up north MN I forget the name.. that I was too last year that was pretty fun. I try to make to WI atleast two or three times a month in the summer to ride either @ Danbury or BRF, you can put on about 125 miles on in a day over their, & thay hav some great campin /hotles.....

Old 03-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I just moved back to MN too and am looking for some riding places. Check out the Arctic Cat section, we are putting together an ATV ride in MN. Or send me your email address and I will give you all the info too. The area's we are looking at are Gilbert, Spider Lake, and Soo Line South. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

Cool, say could you shoot me some directions to Nemadji or Danbury? What town are they near or what county? Looks like danbury may be closed through April? Gotta get a trip in the next few weeks, i've been off of my raptor too long! I'm on the west side of the cities if that helps you with directions, Thanks guys both places sound like a fun time.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

Take 35 north to the Askov/Finlayson exit and you will head East on 23 for roughly 20 miles. There is a place to unload in Duquette and ride from. The general store has gas,food and maps. There is also the River Inn bar to eat at. Another option is further up the road a few miles is Nickerson. It only has a small bar with pizza/frozen sandwichs and a gas tank. I would go out of Duquette and get a map inside the store. As soon as you walk in they are on the left side of the door when you walk in. If not ask for one. The trails in the Nemadji are nice. We ride them alot. There is a Broken Arrows race there every year out of Holyoke in August. Holyoke is another bar that has good food and it is past Nickerson on 23.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

Nemadji is closed right now,check the Mn DNR website,you can print maps off it. Plus check trail closures.I agree Danbury is a great place to ride (my favorite) But Mn does have some good trails, Nemadji is good,Red top ,Pine Center,spider lake,Ripley,Genaral Andrews state forest are smaller but worth the trip. Genaral Andrews and Pine Center are open now. I was just at Pine Center today,lots of quads up there. great trails and weather. Where can I get a map for BRF?

Old 04-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You can download the map on this page
brf atv trail map

Old 04-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks

Old 04-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

Took the family, Easter Sunday, to Pine Center. Was suprised how dry it was up there. Put on 27 miles. I was able to excercise the new MN law were a 10 yr old can now drive a, 90cc and under, ATV on public trails. My son had a blast for his ride. Trails were pretty bumpy though (alot of tire ruts). They did alot of logging just south of the main road. Still had agood time though.

Quick Reply: Central Minnesota / MN Riding