Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Is Your State ATV Friendly???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Your State ATV Friendly???

Massachusetts sucks.......they continually take away legal riding areas and are now in the process of drafting up regulations that will make it very easy for "The Authorities" to shut down more areas and virtually impossible to open any new riding areas. We have some decent riding areas.....but of course they are not "Legal" as designated by the state.

What is your state like???

Old 03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

missouri is free as it gets!

Old 03-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I'm from Mass too and your right it sucks, Luckly my house boarders NH which seems to be a lot better.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

NY is pretty bad. The state doesn't do anything for us accept take money.

Luckily in my part of the state there are landowners who do care. They've teamed up with private companies to make a system that is decent. It might be a model for somewhere like Mass. I think that you probably have the same problem we do, and it's liberal idiots and environazis in the state government.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

People b!tch, moan and groan about California, but we've got about one of the best state-run and funded systems out there. Over a half-dozen state owned and operated SVRA (State Vehicle Recreation Area) and nearly every BLM or Forest Service area has riding available. For the most part BLM & FS areas are free, though some do have fees (especially southern areas).

State parks is $6 for day use and $10 to camp. That's for one street vehicle and one towed street vehicle (no per person or per OHV fees). Registration runs $25 for 2 years.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Going strong here in PA!!

Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, I've been riding out in the desert outside Vegas towards the Cali border, its all BLM property and they don't care. The big western states are pro outdoor sports, while the elitist academic snobs of the northeast po-po on any kind of motorized fun. They think they know everything here and think they're better then everyone else. This is especially true from the Philly to Boston corrider.

Generally all the left wing nut jobs tend to be on the coasts with all the decent conservative types in the middle of the country, i.e. places where they have lots of state funded trails.

I for one can't wait to move outta of Massachusetts, between pin heads like the Kennedys, Kerry and Dukakis you'd think people would learn, but they don't. All Massachusetts cares about is protecting losers in life. Welfare deadbeats, illegal immigrants, child rapists and mosquitos!! Other than maybe Cali, its the most polically correct state in the union. At least Cali has the death penalty though!!

Old 03-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I 2nd that

Old 03-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: bank
Yeah, I've been riding out in the desert outside Vegas towards the Cali border, its all BLM property and they don't care. The big western states are pro outdoor sports, while the elitist academic snobs of the northeast po-po on any kind of motorized fun. They think they know everything here and think they're better then everyone else. This is especially true from the Philly to Boston corrider.Generally all the left wing nut jobs tend to be on the coasts with all the decent conservative types in the middle of the country, i.e. places where they have lots of state funded trails.I for one can't wait to move outta of Massachusetts, between pin heads like the Kennedys, Kerry and Dukakis you'd think people would learn, but they don't. All Massachusetts cares about is protecting losers in life. Welfare deadbeats, illegal immigrants, child rapists and mosquitos!! Other than maybe Cali, its the most polically correct state in the union. At least Cali has the death penalty though!!
Come on now, don't blame "pin heads like the Kennedys, Kerry and Dukakis" for land closings. Democrats get a bad reputation for closing land because of Clinton and Yellowstone park. California, Washington, Oregon, and Minnesota are some of the most liberal states and have probably the most square footage of ridable areas. Michigan is another liberal state that has a vast trail system, probably the most miles available to trails in the US. Oh, and Wisconsin is very liberal with a ton of miles available for riding.

I live in Montana, in the top 5 most republican states, and we have land closings all the time, and now, Bush is selling quite a bit of our public land.

All I am saying is, don't bring politics into this. Each state has their own land issues and I have not seen any support to show a connection between state politics and amounts of available riding ares.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Range Rover

Maybe your right 2001400ex, not just politics, but I'll take what you have in Montana for all the trails in New England in a minute, and conisdering that Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island have no trails and Mass is in the process of closing whats left!! It would be a bad bet on your part!

But as I have said before, my dislike of the northeast isn't just their attitudes about ATVs, its so much more!

Quick Reply: Is Your State ATV Friendly???