Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

my son got a atv where do I take him?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my son got a atv where do I take him?

if you live close to dunes and it is cheap.. i would suggest there.. cause i mean... it's sand, even if he wrecks it is going to be a soft landing... however i would suggest teaching him in the yard before taking him.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

El Mirage(Adelanto,CA) would be a good place for him to learn.They have a dry lake that he could learn the basics on.Dont be afraid he will be OK and it will give him confidence.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Re: safety training go to the ATV Safety Institute and get him signed up for the course. Make sure he has a helmet, or it's a no-go. Your son qualifies for free training 1) paid for by the State (ages 6-15 are paid) and 2) because of a new ATV. Not sure how they handle that on new kids quads. Might have to give them grandpa's name, etc. Depends on how the quad was purchased, registered, etc. ASI may not have the information yet however. You'll need the purchasers name, etc. The VIN (this will be on the ATV, as well as the registration paperwork). The course takes about 6 hours total. It's broken up between classroom and riding. There should also be a rebate coming back from Polaris when the class is completed. Yamaha is $75, Honda, Bombardier and Suzuki is $100, IIRC. ASI can tell you more.

WHEN, not if, you get one, do the same.

One thing, make sure to keep the registration paperwork with the ATV just like a car. You should have a temp paperwork (just like a new car.) You'll get a Green or Red sticker in 6 weeks or so. Hopefully it's a Green sticker. Put that sticker on according to the instruction, or as best you can. Keep a photocopy with the ATV and the original somewhere safe. Best yet, if you have access to a laminator, laminate the copy to be kept in the bike.

Welcome to the sport. Unlike what some people would lead you to believe, ATVing is a family sport. It's not uncommon to see a family drop close to, if not into 6 figures on atving. And nearly all ATVers are very welcoming, especially if they have kids. There are many clubs around that get together. Most are informal groups that plan rides and camp together.

There's a California thread in this section. Sometimes it drops to the second or third page though. [ed - here's the link] CALIFORNIA Quad Riders report here.....

And I believe there's a more specific SoCal thread as well. [ed - here's the link] New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the sport. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And have fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

I wouldn't know where to ride around there...
But this is totally off topic:
Have you heard of a band called Down And Away?
I noticed you're from Brentwood, so I thought you might have
They rock =D

- OneWolf