Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN - Tri County

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN - Tri County

Anyone heading out to the Tri-County ATV park this weekend? It looks like the weather is gong to be great. Has anyone heard any new information about the expansion of the Tri-County ATV Park? Did they get there GIA designation from the DNR?

Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN - Tri County

Nothing yet Mr. Chris. I'm going to hit up Summit on Saturday morning on the bike with some friends, and I will also hopefully be out at Tri-County on Sunday morning with the quad, depending on if I get a new steering post. (Broke the stock steering post yanking back on the bars before a jump last weekend --- HARRY!!!). It is going to be an awesome weekend for riding indeed!

By the way, Tri-County Pit is in perfect condition right now. Literally, just like April of last year. All the huge berms are there. All the hill climbs are excellent.

If you plan on hitting Tri-County on Sunday or whatever, give me a ring and I can hook up with you. I've sent you a PM with my cell number...

Old 04-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default MN - Tri County

Ride was great last Saturday and Sunday. I threw a quick story on my blog site, here. You can find a bunch more photos from the outing here. (Beware, I'm hosting the hi-res pictures here at home, so it's a little slow).

Also, a little Tri-County expansion news. I was at the pit Thursday afternoon to get one last good ride in before all this damn rain started, and Ray Trahan, the owner, was doing a little maintenance out there. According to Ray, the DNR has been a little slow getting stuff worked out. Right now, July is the goal, but again, that's dependent on DNR funding and red tape. He expressed a little frustration that the DNR hadn't even paid the club for work completed in the pit this past Winter. So it's apparent that it isn't a hold-up on either Ray's side, or the people supporting the expansion (us).

Hey Chris (ATC83), did you actually make it down today to ride? I took the Camaro out to the pit to say Hi to Dave and Joe Niederer (Banshee/Raptor) from New Hope at about noon, but then they are a couple of the most diehard people I know. I don't think I would have been riding myself today in the rain unless it was about 30 degrees warmer!